FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Visual Studio (Community) 2017 released
Re: Visual Studio (Community) 2017 released [message #48422 is a reply to message #48419] Mon, 03 July 2017 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Mirek,

Just out of interest I briefly installed something called "Visual Studio Build Tools 2017". The idea was to drop out the VS IDE. After manually adjusting the paths (auto detection does not work for this), the compilation and linking worked with that too (same as VS2017 Community) at least for 32 bit targets. However, there was no debugger bundled -- or I just could not find it. Anyway, I removed it and reinstalled VS2017 Community. The reason for trying was to avoid the unnecessarily large installation of the whole VS2017.

The build method names, in my opinion, should point out the actual toolset installed in a way that it can be easily identified, and therefore found and reinstalled, if needed.

--

cbpporter: MSC15 was what I expected to see, before I found the link and thereafter some other material pointing out that it might actually be MSC14.1. Indeed the toolset referred by the Visual Studio 2017 installer refers to v141 for the latest toolset.

I just wanted to point out that I may have made a mistake by assuming it would have been version 15 whereas it may have been 14.1 in question.

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message