Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » UppHub - new package registration (How do we want to solve this problem?)
Re: UppHub - new package registration [message #56258 is a reply to message #56257] Mon, 15 February 2021 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Mon, 15 February 2021 00:41

I understand that this is initial version, so the version management is not must. However, we need to add updates possible and let user even download custom commit/branch/version. I do not ses that ones downloaded branch will stay forever without any updates or possibility to change to certain commit. I know that you can remove and then uninstall, but this is not very handy...

You can always create normal nest and git clone anything there.

Quote:

Let's assume that I fixed the problem with my module. Then what? In above case with tag the user can not download anything besides the release-1.10.0. I think option like "Install certain commit/branch/tag.." could work in our case. This will remove whole repo and download repo with certain commit. Clear and simple solution.

a) I think it should be other way around. master is always current stable version. If you want to experiment, experiment in branch.
b) Well, I actually agree there is an utility in this. But I do not yet see how to do it right. Should e.g. there be some global branch names? How will user know what difference is between branches?
c) Also, UppHub does not need branches listed - that information can be loaded from the git.

There is BTW one other much more serious problem and that is a release of user's application. I have solution for that...

Mirek

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How can I use CORE/SSL to sign something or check signatures?
Next Topic: How does one get argc and argv parms when making use of GUI_APP_MAIN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 22:07:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02814 seconds