Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How to find the top-most window the mouse is over (Linux)?
How to find the top-most window the mouse is over (Linux)? [message #7809] Tue, 23 January 2007 15:32 Go to previous message
James Thomas is currently offline  James Thomas
Promising Member
I haven't been able to find a way using just U++ to find the highest window that the mouse pointer is currently over (as returned by GetMousePos).

To get around this in Windows I use the API call WindowFromPoint to get the HWND of the highest window under the mouse, but I'm having trouble reproducing this for XWindows. The closest match I have found is XQueryPointer, but this only seems to check against a specified window's parent/children, plus it fails whenever I call it. Example:
XQueryWindow(Xdisplay, main_window->GetWindow(), &Xroot, &Xchild,
   &root_x, &root_y, &win_x, &win_y, &mask);

Is there a way to do this without native API calls? If not I would be very grateful if someone with more experience with XWindows (that isn't difficult - this is the first XWindows call I've tried) could point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
JT

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Appearance of disabled Button/ButtonOption does not match when using images
Next Topic: Grabbing mouse events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 11:12:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01706 seconds