Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Porting a Delphi Application
Re: Porting a Delphi Application [message #11480 is a reply to message #11475] Sat, 15 September 2007 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
So I started porting and managed to create the File menu with relative ease. It takes some time to get used to the package management scheme in TheIDE, it's image editor and the fact that it is it's own little world, which is surprisingly self-contained.

The layout editor is great, but is not well suited for creating really complex layouts and it seems to favour composing a large number of simple layouts to achieve this goal. And it has no frame support (which I think is a design choice) and no menu editor. But it still helps a lot and I'm glad to have it.

But even after this brief time of exposure to U++ I have identified some issues. I will describe them:

1. My applications exe doesn't have the correct icon (it uses the generic one) when I compile my application in Optimal mode. I compiled some of the example applications to, and these also lack the correct icon. But if I compile it in Debug mode, the icons are fine.

2. If the layout designer or image editor is in the main tab of the editor in the moment the application launches (F5), these editors loose their advanced functionality and revert back to a plain text editor.

3. Fullscreen windows (under Windows) get a border and a title bar if the window looses focus.

4. If I create a frame parameterised with a Button (FrameLeft<Button> for example), the Button will have a strange blue-ish skin. But if I create a Frame with a layout which contains a Button, the Button has a normal skin. Is this intentional?

5. How do you activate the MacOS theme under Windows as seen in the screenshot (this is not an issue, just a question).

I think I forgot another one, and if I stumble upon it I will post again.

Thank You.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to write a dll using Ultimate++?
Next Topic: embedded configuration data/values in self for a executable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 13:28:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02223 seconds