Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » how to stop a thread that is waiting, e.g., listen()
Re: how to stop a thread that is waiting, e.g., listen() [message #12266 is a reply to message #11802] Mon, 22 October 2007 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
Well, it's maintained separately, by the boost folks, but since it's just C++, I'm sure you could use it in addition to the Ultimate stuff if accomplishes your needs.

Goodness knows, I mix Ultimate++ with the standard C++ library (io streams, maps, etc) whenever I feel the need, without any adverse side effects. I haven't tried mixing with boost yet, but I can't imagine there'd be any problems.

I would heed the advice boost gave regarding event driven multitasking. They suggest that it's fraught with peril. Er, that it has a tendency to lead to some multi-tasking problems of one form or another. Basically, it has a tendency to lead to unsafe code, while some of the other approaches they recommend lead to safer practices.

Read Message icon11.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon11.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GuiMT example does not calculate all divisors...
Next Topic: will implement a UDP class?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 21:54:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02303 seconds