FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Good manual/documentation
Re: Good manual/documentation [message #12598 is a reply to message #12577] Sat, 10 November 2007 01:52 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

luzr

Well, the real idea about dividing topics per packages is to provide a documenation on modular basis.

I think this is good idea - making docs modular. I also believe that modular approach is fully appliable to specifics-descending docs I proposed earlier.
So my idea is to integrate these two approaches and I`ll try to propose way of doing it below.

General idea of my approach is that adding new package leads to assembling of package-supplied articles & structure to the existing articles & structure. This operation has trivial algorithm:
for (each_article_of_package)
{
if (article_already_presents)
Append_article_text_to_the_existing_article();
else
Copy_article();
}

Maybe it would also be very interesting approach to mark package-blocks with comments, like
%_XXXXX_START_% ........ %_XXXXX_END_%

So if we uninstall package or upgrade it, TheIDE simply removes or updates corresponding blocks and we have updated docs for our latest version of package!

It is discussable of course, but I just like the idea of making docs true user-friendly. And keeping them user-oriented at any cost, because it is matter of making U++ one of leading frameworks among others.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: future of ultimate++
Next Topic: File system library refactoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 12:57:28 CEST 2024