FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Small bug in DeXml
Re: Small bug in DeXml [message #20295 is a reply to message #20293] Sat, 07 March 2009 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
phirox wrote on Fri, 06 March 2009 19:07

In this case you are actually guaranteed that the LF character gets through since it is escaped. Also the xml:space="preserve" attribute only works as the name implies; for whitespace. All end of line characters should even be normalized to #xA according to the specifications, so there is no way to ever preserve any combination. See here.

Well, I have checked it and after careful reading I cannot say I agree with what you see.

Indeed, xml:space="preserve" has probably slightly different meaning than Tom expects - if I understand the document well, it would only affect elimination of *empty* lines. However, it looks like for lines that are not empty, CR, CR-LF and LF should always be granted.

Maybe the real problem is not in DeXml, but in XmlParser. It is also quite hard to define what is "empty line", e.g. in case:

<tag>
Something
</tag>

I would expect to get "Something" without any line endings, unless "preserve" is active.

Also

<tag>
Something

</tag>

I still want to get just "Something"...

I am looking forward to further discussion of this topic, personally I see no big problem with fixing DeXml, but I think Tom is right too.

Mirek

[Updated on: Sat, 07 March 2009 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message