Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » More Unicode questions
Re: More Unicode questions [message #21483 is a reply to message #21460] Fri, 22 May 2009 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I started investigating this problem because of the Vista Unicode input bug in ANSI applications: other post.

But I can no longer reproduce this bug. It can be one of the following things:
1. It was fixed in U++. The definition of an Unicode/ANSI application is a little bit vague, since you can mix and match W/A version. Probably using CreateWindowW and related versions would make the bug disappear. Did something get fixed in this part? I can see than CreateWindowA and W are used arbitrarily in U++ sources.
2. They fixed the bug: 936060. It seems to be included in SP1.
3. I'm on a different machine.

I created a test Core with a USEASCII flag, but if this bug is no longer an issues, I don't think it is worth the trouble.

On the other hand, there are still hundreds of places where incorrect ANSI version is used rather then having version selected at runtime. I could fix Core at least so that it always check for correct version.

And I also found a lot of places where Windows API is used instead of equivalent U++ methods, like DeleteFile instead of FileDelete.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cross Compile HowTo?
Next Topic: Problem installing upp on ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 23:08:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02223 seconds