U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » How to efficiently update a large Image?
Re: How to efficiently update a large Image? [message #22566 is a reply to message #22564] Mon, 27 July 2009 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Messages: 1319
Registered: March 2007
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Mirek,

SetKind(IMAGE_OPAQUE) gives marginal improvement.

Now I see the visit from Image to ImageBuffer and back to Image does not take more than about 1.5 ms. However, after this visit the DrawImage does something more than usual and becomes slow. It takes about 30 ms to update a small stripe of an image using DrawImage whereas without the ImageBuffer visit, this takes less than a millisecond.

I also noticed that the application allocates and deallocates several megabytes worth of memory when running probably because of what is happening around this image or imagebuffer.

--

Is there any way to directly update the Image pixel contents without ImageBuffer and the associated DrawImage overhead?

(I need to get familiar with the dynamic_cast thing soon... It was not quite as easy as I had hoped it would be.)

Thanks,

Tom
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Color menu choice
Next Topic: Support for 2bpp tiff images
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 28 08:17:36 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02055 seconds