FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Deepcopying One container
Re: Deepcopying One container [message #23590 is a reply to message #23578] Mon, 02 November 2009 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks for good news, Mirek!
Quote:

What is your usage scenario?

I was afraid you will ask Smile Now I have to show everyone the ugly scheme I've come up with Embarassed

I use descendants of my class PlotSymbol to provide a methods used to paint different marks in plot. Then I have a VectorMap<String,One<Plotsymbol> >. Every new symbol class is "registered" by adding into this VectorMap, so that user can be presented with a list of available symbols and choose which one to use. Everytime user changes his mind and selects new symbol, I would like just to copy the One<PlotSymbol> into local variable (and setup some additional parameters, e.g. colors or size).

So basicaly what I need is to make a copy of the underlaying PlotSymbol, without knowing what type is it. The information in manual made me believe it is possible, but then I've found that it only works when the source is picked.

I'll try the solution you suggested...

To cbporter: Thanks for your reply too. Unfortunately I need a full copy of the pointed object so I can change some additional properties without affecting the original...

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *Map::IsPicked() is missing
Next Topic: Latest change on FileMapping::Map() wrong for win32
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 23:36:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02112 seconds