FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » I'm a U newbie
Re: I'm a U newbie [message #24681 is a reply to message #24675] Wed, 27 January 2010 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
alendar wrote on Wed, 27 January 2010 03:24

Very nice. Verbose: I love it! The commenting is slick now that I enabled it. I'm trying the optimal, hopefully it'll start to make sense how it selects between release and debug versions of external libraries.

Use it until you understand the was things get compiled and linked, and then deactivate it. Part of the beauty of this system is that it makes you not worry about such details Smile.

Quote:

I made my own Timer class since I wanted something more win32 specific. It looked like TimeStop was POSIX based and may not be as sensitive as QueryPerformanceCounter, which on my computer is coming up as 2.5 million ticks per second. I actually counted. Plus I like the Elapsed to come back in human time and not ticks.

Under Windows it is very win32 specific. It used GetTickCount, which does not have the best granularity, but it is standard and good for most practical tasks. Under POSIX it uses gettimeofday. I did not try to see which has better granularity.

Quote:

I'm running Ultimate++ 1924 on Windows 7 with the VC2010 SDK. It compiled great except for a collision with stdlib on the 64bit abs definition. I renamed the one in core to "abs64". I know, a blatant hack. I apologize.

This can probably be fixed officially. But I think most U++ developers have not moved on yet to windows 7.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message