Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Docking: BUG + FEATURE: Disable Close completely
Re: Title() Bug [message #26642 is a reply to message #26626] Mon, 17 May 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
many thanks for the details..i think with this bit of background infos it'll be easier to dig through code when necessary. ofcorse you can be proud of it. the Docking stuff is pretty helpful to a lot of people including me.

one thing remains though. the SizeHint problem. i try to explain you my usecase. maybe i use it in the wrong way.

* i use a vertical Splitter to have a resizeable frame area for overview and controling, residing on the left.

* the right part Splitter'ed again, but horizontally, giving a top view and a bottom view for some components. there can be a variety of them (device views at top and group views of devices at bottom)/

* to be able to detach some views from main window, i use 2 DockWindow's as members of my application class. they are Add()ed inside the splitter at top and bottom. (this was kind of a hassle, because DockWindow is a TopWindow derive, and placing it inside another TopWindow is maybe no good idea, DockInit() stuff was done in a separate init function, which somehow works).

* the contents of the views are added as DockableCtrl's ofcorse, with DockTop *only* and i need to give them a SizeHint.

* PROBLEM: the 2 DockWindows share the right part of application area, and are devided by splitter, but the views dont always use the full available size of their parent DockWindow up to bottom. result is kind of a messy application view altogether. because when resizeing main window, the splitters grow or shirnk and the SizeHint never matches the actual available space (from top to bottom, since there isnt anything else then top)

thats why the idea was born to have kind of a 5th mode (center, with full area usage like SizePos(), or at least to have the Docking calculate the actual possible usable Size, i.e. that a DockTop'ed control could use all the available space to the bottom or to the beginning of the DockBottom'ed controls.

any idea how to make this possible?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to use GetCtrl(r,c) in GridCtrl ???
Next Topic: WebUpdater
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 11:07:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02432 seconds