FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » smoother drawing
Re: smoother drawing [message #27693 is a reply to message #27682] Thu, 29 July 2010 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Did look into that DoPaint out of my curiosity and I think this will raise further questions from you, so to explain:

void App::DoPaint(Painter& sw)
{
	if(ctrl.painting) {
		PaintingPainter h(2000, 2000);
		DoPaint0(h);
		sw.Paint(h);
	}
	else
		DoPaint0(sw);
}

If you tick that "painting" checkbox, the app is not drawing to that BufferPainter sw directly, but it firstly does allocate Painting disguised into PaintingPainter class (because you will paint to that Painting with Painter).

Painting is UPP class to only store Draw API calls without execution, so you can replay it later upon different target.
So with that checkbox ticked, that demo code does draw the chosen example in "dry run" into Painting, after it is finished, then the Painting is executed upon that ImageBuffer by line "sw.Paint(h);". But you could still use the Painting "h", so you can for example allocate some higher resolution printing area target, and do printingarea.Paint(h); to get the very same painting in different quality by different "painter", for example you can use the old low quality Draw to paint that Painting.

I hope I'm clear enough to be understood within 2-3 rereads. Very Happy

In case Painting is off, the examples are directly drawing to that ImageBuffer memory area, without storing the API calls anywhere, so it can't be replayed again.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to adjust the height of an InfoCtrl frame’s height.
Next Topic: Initial settings for U++ application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 23:52:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02401 seconds