Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Question to UPP developers: the issue with windows rendering (Windows XP)
Re: Question to UPP developers: the issue with windows rendering (Windows XP) [message #29572 is a reply to message #29563] Mon, 01 November 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
porto wrote on Sat, 30 October 2010 07:45

There was found, I think, a good way to get away of this "issue" (the temporary addition to an extended style of windows a flag WS_EX_KOMPOSITED *) - but I want to find the reason of it.
Do not judge strictly an amateur in programming. Embarassed
After a series of experiments with MS Spy++ utility I made some conclusions, this "issue" has two causes:
1. Child windows of traditional Windows applications have a flag of style CS_SAVEBITS. Child windows of UPP apps, this style does not have (or have, but not all).

I guess you have got the term "child window" wrong. CS_SAVEBITS is intended for popups.

Quote:

After the forced set of this flag to all windows, "issue" only occurs if UPP application is busy, for example when I opening a package in TheIDE or doing "Rescan Code".

For one thing, there are no child windows in U++... Smile (Except DHCtrl descendants, but that is a special case).

My guess is that WS_EX_COMPOSITED only helps accidentally - it changes repainting process of windows and as side-effect, the effect is gone. In the same time, it is not unlikely that this will still depend on actual windows version, graphics driver etc...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message