Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Middle-ground between CONSOLE_APP_MAIN and GUI_APP_MAIN
Re: Middle-ground between CONSOLE_APP_MAIN and GUI_APP_MAIN [message #29649 is a reply to message #29647] Fri, 05 November 2010 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Thank you for the help. I've tried the solution there, but it opens a new console window, even if I already have one. And indeed, I am trying to emulate the Linux behavior without realizing it.

I have one of the following situations:
1. I compile without GUI flag. Application uses existing console or opens new one. Irrlicht debug messages appear. So do my own console outputs.

This situation is not acceptable, because I don't want windows to create a console.

2. I compile with GUI flag. No console appears and output is not visible.

Here there are two issues.

First, it would be nice if we could pick up the existence of a console and use it to output. This is a convenience feature, so I don't need it but it is useful. Linux model.

Second, I need to include CtrlLib only for GUI_APP_MAIN. That is why I am using a CONSOLE_APP_MAIN2 that uses WinMain instead of main. This is why I would like to add something like CONSOLE_WIN_MAIN that is just CONSOLE_APP_MAIN under Linux, and uses WinMain under Windows.

3. I use the example from your link and I have one or two consoles, where the extra one pick up only my outputs, but not Irrlicht debug messages. I guess it uses a different handle and default console has them all set to the same.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ValueArray behaviour / inconsistantcy / BUG?
Next Topic: Slight changes in DHCtrl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 12:46:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01128 seconds