Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » How to get top and left position of top window
Re: How to get top and left position of top window [message #31904 is a reply to message #31893] Tue, 05 April 2011 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

nlneilson wrote on Mon, 04 April 2011 22:30

1. Yes that is exactly what I mean, the Upp window is in different locations relative to my Java display app it interacts with for all 6. See the attached image. Now a user can drag the Upp app window to wherever they prefer and with "Save > Exit" the Upp app will open in that location.
I would consider this minor issue, especially since you have no guarantee that the Java window will always open at the same position... But anyway, if you insist on this, just use LoadFromFile and StoreToFile at the beginning and end of your code, respectively. Then override a Serialize method of your window with something like this:
void MyWindow::Serialize(Stream& s){
    SerializePlacement(s);         // This stores/loads the window state and position
    s % MyVariable1 % MyVariable2; // Variables to be stored/loaded
    s % MyVariable3;
}
This is just basic idea, you can find the details of the functions and concepts in the articles I linked in one of the previous posts.

2. Ctrl+Shift+F, Ctrl+f or clicking Edit->Find and Replace->Find only searches the file in the editor.
Also the only thing from debug was "rect".

Some of the time I don't have access to the web other than when I go into Mojave and hook up to the wireless at McDonalds, much slower than my connection on Oxnard.
Oops, I meant Ctrl+H, sorry. All the important content from the webpage (excluding forum) is available within theide, so being off-line shouldn't be much of a problem...

3. I will check out the documentation mentioned in 2. and 3..
Perhaps Documentation on how you get to the documentation as you mentioned in 2. and 3. would be of help to Newbies like myself.
Ctrl+F1 should search the word under cursor in the help. I understand that searching for something like "rect" does show a lot of results (you can jump between them using the green arrows next to the search box), most of them being useless. On the other hand, the method GetRect() is a basic thing, mentioned in the tutorials and of course also in the Ctrl reference (which everyone using U++ GUI should read, along with TopWindow reference and few others...).

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Windows that cant leave Mainwindow
Next Topic: Restoring TrayIcon control