FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » menu Tree
Re: menu Tree [message #32397 is a reply to message #32394] Mon, 16 May 2011 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
nlneilson wrote on Mon, 16 May 2011 01:54

Your coding style is different from mine. You declare the function/method first. I do that in header files but not in my main since it is easier to add/remove when coding/testing and when I get something working I don't bother to change it.

I also write function declarations inside header files and their implementations inside C/C++ files. It presented in simplified form here, without referring to specific names of header files.
nlneilson wrote on Mon, 16 May 2011 01:54

Clicking on "1L" will not work.

A user should be able to get used to that.

When you use Check(bool check) method of Bar, it uses check variable to show checked state of passed variable to Check method (e.g. tac1L, tac1R). It is not an Option Ctrl, rather some kind of drawing of CtrlImg::MenuCheck0(), CtrlImg::MenuCheck1(), etc. images, depending from state.

I suggested to use Label Ctrl to show "informative" text, instead of current bar.Separator(); without such a text (e.g. some named sections of menu bar). Currently, we (you and me) overused it, I think. For example, it also possible to create a Label Ctrl, which can be clicked, but this didn't change the current implementation of MenuBar, where Check method is not an Option Ctrl, paraphrasing.

Now, I suggest to use MenuBar just to show current checked values and change them on one-click basis. For more detailed interface, you can create "Settings" dialog window with more detailed options, which you can access from MenuBar, ToolBar, etc.

Thanks for your attention, too.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2011 03:55]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message