Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Anyone have a simple wav recorder/player that works?
Re: Anyone have a simple wav recorder/player that works? [message #33706 is a reply to message #33704] Tue, 06 September 2011 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

I upgraded the package to current upstream version of portaudio, just in case it would make some difference. But it seems it doesn't - I found out that I can experience the same bug when compiling and running the application in wine.

After some googling I found some hints about broken event-based recording in Vista. It is quite an old informations, but it might be related. If that it is the case, then possible workaround would be to use blocking interface. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to try it out yet, but if you want you can try yourself Wink It should be actually quite simple: Just use the SoundStream class from Sound package. You'd need to call OpenDefault() followed by Start() and then in some loop read the count of available bytes ReadAvailable() to figure out how much bytes can be safely retrieved by a call to Read(). You don't have to worry about the saving etc. for now, just check if the buffers have some non-zero values...

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message