Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Are there any plans to convert U++ comments to format as DOXYGEN / JAVADOC?
Re: Are there any plans to convert U++ comments to format as DOXYGEN / JAVADOC? [message #47040 is a reply to message #47031] Fri, 18 November 2016 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Sun, 13 November 2016 23:42
Klugier wrote on Sun, 13 November 2016 19:10
Hello,
I think u++ will never move for current approach called Topic++ to solution like doxygen/javadoc. For me current solution is much better, because you don't need to write this fancy comments in your code. I think for people outside U++ it can be treated as not standard, but it is powerfull tool - probably needs several improvements. Don't take me wrong - T++ has got production status.

Yes! But We create Makefile and others for export project. And our topic++ comments & descriptions must be visible by editor outside from U++ environment.

They are online, aren't they?

That said, I can imagine T++ -> doxygen export, but would have to be done by "Documentation at other places" (http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/docblocks.html)

All that said, over years I have considered and rejected doxygen comments several times, generally because:

* it would bloat header files - I rather like to see inline method list 'uninterrupted'

* with T++, I can have single description of multiple related methods easily, like: http://www.ultimatepp.org/src$Core$CoWork$en-us.html.

* with T++, I have full power of richtext at hand - can add images, tables etc... easily

One disadvantage of T++ is that it would be hard to change formatting. E.g. parameter names in description will now have to stay red forever...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Error C2280 with MSC15 and Uniq
Next Topic: Compile error on Fedora 25 x86_64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 06:11:12 CEST 2024