U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » flicker
Re: flicker [message #4941 is a reply to message #4940] Sun, 27 August 2006 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
Messages: 42
Registered: January 2006
Member
unodgs wrote on Sun, 27 August 2006 11:38

jadeite wrote on Sun, 27 August 2006 09:07


Interesting, you are not double buffering. Now I know why U++ apps feel so responsive and 'light' when resizing. Well, I have to admit that I am surprised that more of your controls, text, etc. do not flicker more than they do. But, basic stuff in that example flickers, so I'm guessing that in most complicated/phat apps, double buffering will be preferred. How do I easily turn on double buffering for the complete app at once? Is it a big performance killer in U++?


Just put BackPaint() in your app constructor. There can be some slowdown but it is only visible if your hardware is old.

That's better, much less flicker. There is no noticeable performance difference at all on my hardware.
Thanks.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Why BMPEncoder::NewBmp() doesn´t exists anymoe?
Next Topic: Antialiasing for lines
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 11 02:31:25 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00775 seconds