U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » ScrollView - a question - maybe proposal..
Re: ScrollView - a question - maybe proposal.. [message #51094 is a reply to message #51093] Tue, 22 January 2019 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Messages: 14291
Registered: November 2005
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 15:34
Hi,

I'm still using it in a product for scrolling a histogram plot on X11 and WinXP clients. For WinVista, Win7, Win8 and Win10 I have implemented a dual ::SetSurface() method for similar scrolling effect. (The reason for two approaches is obtaining the optimal performance on each platform.)

If you are not in hurry with it, maybe you could keep it there for a few more years... (?)

It's not a must for me though. I can use the current U++ for those old systems (still in use by our clients) until they are phased out and replaced with new ones.



I am in no hurry Smile That said, I think the time when scrolling the view was faster than repainting was like 10 years ago... With GTK and MacOS backends, it already is not implemented - it simply does Refresh.

Mirek

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 16:00]

Report message to a moderator

 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: no resources | There were errors
Next Topic: cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 65536 bytes
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Oct 06 12:38:55 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06845 seconds