Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » What is the U++ way to replace a missing font glyph?
Re: What is the U++ way to replace a missing font glyph? [message #54317 is a reply to message #54314] Mon, 22 June 2020 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

I think that whatever fonts you might add by AddFallbackFont, you can have in the list already... Smile

I mean, how are you going to use this?

OK, if we can add some new faces to fallback fonts list, it would be sufficient and great. Smile

For one, an important monospace font with great glpyh coverage is missing: FreeMono. (FreeSans and FreeSerif is already in the list but their monospaced counterpart is missing).

Also, FontAwesome should be in that list too. (It has extensive icons coverage, used by many apps.)

These two would improve the result of font glyph substitution mechanism of U++.

There are other font families such as Noto for extensive CJK, Devanagari, etc. coverage but they can be picked and added later, if needed.

As a side note, I think it would be better to have a Font constructor that takes a facename. (Can be used to construct font arrays from facenames, using the C++11 initializer lists.)

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Mon, 22 June 2020 23:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message