Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Can U++ TheIDE be used with cxxtest ? (Looking for a way to use cxxtest unit test framework for TDD.)
Re: Can U++ TheIDE be used with cxxtest ? [message #54597 is a reply to message #54593] Wed, 19 August 2020 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Can't answer your question directly, but for my CLI/U++ projects I'm using for years the "UnitTest++", there's even some original old version in the Bazaar here on web.

But I don't see any obvious reason why U++ should pose any problem to regular C++ UT framework, at least in the trivial land of CLI. I never got the grasp of GUI unit testing, in my projects I always just test the "model" classes without any GUI widgets, and keep the presenter/view part outside of the UT scope - something I wish I would learn to manage better, but so far never had enough "time" for that.

edit: about TheIDE vs UnitTest++: my app can be compiled with UT flag (one of the configurations), at that moment it will in the main launch the test runner instead of going into the app itself, and output the results, so I have them visible in TheIDE console, or I can redirected them to log files when running it from command line. No neat green/red semaphore, but I don't miss that, for me "OK/FAIL" text in console is enough. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 19 August 2020 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TheIDE [Close others] options don' t work properly
Next Topic: Application crashes and OS instability can overwrite the currently edited file with junk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 12:40:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01064 seconds