Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » U++ 2023.2 "pre-alpha"
Re: U++ 2023.1 "pre-alpha" [message #60116 is a reply to message #60114] Wed, 06 September 2023 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jjacksonRIAB wrote on Tue, 05 September 2023 22:07
Mirek,

It happens to me in Linux Mint, Arch Linux and FreeBSD with two different computers, three different filesystems (ext4, ext3, zfs). I don't use Windows much anymore so I cannot confirm its existence there. I don't see what I could be doing different, I just press build and after the build is done boom - edit window refreshes, latest changes disappear, undo/redo buffer is erased, cursor is moved to the top of the document. This happens with both clang and gcc. I cannot reproduce it on fresh projects, it appears to manifest on larger projects particularly after theIDE has been open for a while and when quick changes to a document have been made in succession.

It's as if theIDE is losing sync with the files/timestamps on disk, letting you continue working on an unsynced ghost copy of the file and then reloading the last saved version during build but I cannot be entirely sure what's going on, being unable to reliably reproduce it. I don't know if any of this information helps.

I kind of wonder whether the autosave routine is failing to flush to disk or losing track of the handles and timestamps it is observing.

Is this a new problem with current master or was it doing that in say 2022 versions too? (There is a new logic intended to add unco records when files changes outside of theide which could be related, but it is just in master, since ~ 6/2023).

Do you edit files after starting the build?

To what point files revert?

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message