Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Misc. Requests.
Re: Misc. Requests. [message #7346 is a reply to message #7339] Sat, 23 December 2006 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
agent86 wrote on Fri, 22 December 2006 20:53

I have a disk formatted in ext3 which is totally accessible from both Windows and Linux. I have all my code on that drive. Many of the apps out there are to run on both Linux and Windows. So I like the idea of this program a lot. I'd love to be able to use the exact same project/package/nesting/assembly setup in both environments. That would really be cool. I'm not sure but I think only one thing is in the way: Paths to the package files. So with that,

theIDE:
In the .upp files (or wherever else) store relative paths from the package location to the files. The .wap file is located in an OS dependent location so it can point to the assemblies in the OS native way. But within those file, use relative pathing.

I am a little bit puzzled, because this was one of main desing goal f the while package system. Just like you, I have FAT32 partition to store the sources which is accessible both from Linux and Win32 and I have zero problems with paths.

The key of course is to store all files into packages. System of assemblies then defines real paths.

Well, sometimes people mess things up by using "Add any file" to insert files into package - this stores the whole path, which is wrong in 99% cases... Maybe we should add that "Expert" option really soon Smile

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Output mode -- Not what is expected
Next Topic: Automatic file encoding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:56:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01096 seconds