Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » drop list won't drop
drop list won't drop [message #9926] Sat, 09 June 2007 15:03 Go to next message
antialias is currently offline  antialias
Promising Member
I have crerated a dropList on a tab and added a few items to it (value,key pairs).

i can display one value with the SetIndex() method just fine - so I know they were actually there. But when I click on the dropList nothing happens - it won't drop down to display all added lines at once.

what am I missing?
Re: drop list won't drop [message #9928 is a reply to message #9926] Sat, 09 June 2007 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hard to say. Please provide more clues, best in the form of compilable package Wink

Mirek
Re: drop list won't drop [message #9931 is a reply to message #9926] Sat, 09 June 2007 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
antialias is currently offline  antialias
Promising Member
tab is created with the layout manager. the name of the droplist is objectSelector.

the only line in my code that is relevant to this selector reads:

tab2.objectSelector.Add(0, "object1").Add(1, "object2").SelectIndex(1);

(there is no callback added, yet...I'm typing from memory here, since I don't have access to the machine this is on until tomorrow morning. so don't crucify me if there are any typos. the program compiles and runs fine (with the exception of the above mentioned bug))

After I compile (with theIDE on Windows XP) I see the droplist on the appropriate tab and the value "object2" displayed in it. but clicking the 'drop down arrow' does nothing. all other widgets on that tab work fine.

just for the hell of it i added another tab with nothing but a droplist on it. same problem.

even adding a forced drop ( by adding ".Drop()" to the end of the above mentioned code) doesn't work.
Re: drop list won't drop [message #9932 is a reply to message #9931] Sat, 09 June 2007 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
All that sounds good. But I still have too little relevant info - there must be something else.

Just for the record, droplists in TabCtrl usually do work, check e.g. Setup/Environment in TheIDE...

Mirek
Re: drop list won't drop [message #10341 is a reply to message #9926] Tue, 03 July 2007 09:37 Go to previous message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
it must be editable i suppose
Previous Topic: what's the key identifier for ^Enter?
Next Topic: Enter turns WithDropChoice(LineEdit) into chaos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:53:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04790 seconds