Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger
icon9.gif  Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10350] Tue, 03 July 2007 18:09 Go to next message
$mike{is_here} is currently offline  $mike{is_here}
Promising Member
Hi,

I wonder what I'm missing. I set breakpoints, I recompiled everything with MINGWDebug (in Ultimate++ 2007.1). I turned Full debug mode on

F5 or CTRL+F10 run over those breakpoints. The program eventually stops when there is a panic failure. Then I can see assembly code, registers and so on. But I can't examine code at the breakpoints.

I could run gdb in a DOS window (Debug externally), but that doesn't help me much.

Thank you in advance.

Micha
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10351 is a reply to message #10350] Tue, 03 July 2007 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Have you checked that debug info is also set to Full under Setup->Build Methods (also the debug option should be '-O0'). I've been caught out before by having two different configs.
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10353 is a reply to message #10351] Tue, 03 July 2007 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi mrjt,

Unfortunately that seems to be the case (should still be the default setting after installation).

Thanks for your help.
Micha
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10355 is a reply to message #10350] Tue, 03 July 2007 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
I think I've seen this before and it was discussed some place before in the forums -- just not sure when or where...

What happened to me was somehow the debugger got the source code <in the upper right package window of theide> and another pointer to it in <prj-aux>. The breakpoints were being set in <prj-aux> and the debugger was looking for them in the project code. Try setting them in both and see if that helps.

Then again I may be completely off in left field.

EBo --
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10356 is a reply to message #10355] Tue, 03 July 2007 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi EBo,

Thanks, but I don't see a difference when following your suggestion.

Kind regards,
Micha
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10357 is a reply to message #10356] Tue, 03 July 2007 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi Ebo,

May be you mean this post:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1225& amp;start=0&

Message 4216 ?

Micha
Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10403 is a reply to message #10357] Fri, 06 July 2007 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Hello Micha,

I took a couple of minuites and tracked this oue down:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=936 1&#msg_9361

I believe there were others, but that is the main thread I was thinking of...

EBo --
icon3.gif  Bypassed +++ Re: Can't stop at breakpoints in debugger [message #10468 is a reply to message #10403] Tue, 10 July 2007 23:21 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Hello EBo--,

Thanks.

For the time being I bypass the problem by using a simple unit test interface I wrote. I used template<> for the first time, and hey, it's really a wow! thing after taking the first hurdles.

It works like this:

Check<String> cs;
String res;   // some result from somewhere
String exp;   // some expectation

cs.change(res, exp, String("some comments"));
cs.same();    // prints out Not-OK (printing the values) or OK (only comment)

Just wondering, how unit testing is done in U++. I apply the Test-Driven Design (TDD) flavor. Though, once in a while I still need the debugger (like now during my learning phase of U++).

Micha

[Updated on: Tue, 10 July 2007 23:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how to link a .dll?
Next Topic: How do I stick /NODEFAULTLIB in front of a library?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:12:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01108 seconds