FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 707-dev1 released
Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10510] Fri, 13 July 2007 09:28 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Hello all Upp users!
Finally I have a new computer and I can make the new releases. I hope there won't be similar (hardware) troubles in the future.
Here is the new 707-dev1 release. What's new:

• Drag and Drop interface slightly refactored
  • Delayed clipboard rendering support
  • Topic++ integrated into main Ide window
  • Reduced code size produced by png plugin
  • GridCtrl - fixed text wrapping, added HeaderAlign* methods
  • MYSQLDLL - This new MySql package flag forces linking with .dll version of MySql client library.
  • IconDes import file is now able to import multiple files
  • Maximum number of "varargs" extended to 40
  • Added EditField::AlignRight
  • Extended DateTimeCtrl customization abilities
  • Fixed crashing Run() in PostgreSQL
  • Added ArrayCtrl::SetCtrl()
  • New Image cache ops. More here http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2468& amp; amp;start=0&
  • Small ToolBar improvements (Wrap(), NoWrap(), SetButtonMinSize(Size)
  • Some macro enhancements for TheIde. More here http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2513& amp; amp;start=0&
  • GetHomeDirectory, GetHomeDirFile now working in Win32
  • Grouping in QuickTabs (not fully finished)

[Updated on: Fri, 13 July 2007 09:28]

Report message to a moderator

internal compiler error occured in MSC8 [message #10518 is a reply to message #10510] Fri, 13 July 2007 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ren42 is currently offline  ren42
Promising Member
Hi Uno,
first i say it's a great update.

while compiling my app this error comes:

----- RichText ( GUI MSC8 BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (4 / 10)
BLITZ: Object.cpp ParaPaint.cpp TxtData.cpp TxtPaint.cpp TxtOp.cpp Format.cpp TableCell.cpp TableLayou
	t.cpp TablePaint.cpp TableData.cpp TextPaint.cpp TextStyle.cpp TextData.cpp TextTable.cpp Util.cpp

$blitz.cpp
c:\opt\dev\upp200707\uppsrc\richtext\txtop.cpp(55) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred
	 in the compiler.
(compiler file 'f:\rtm\vctools\compiler\utc\src\P2\main.c[0x10BF1FD0:0x0000002C]', line 182)
 To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.

MSC8 fails when i used build settings Optimal, Size or Speed.
The setting debug compiles well. Mingw compiles well in all cases.

And I find a way to "simplifying" the program. In the file txtop.cpp Line 67 seems to cause the error. If i comment it out
MSC8 compiles well. But commenting something out isn't a real
solution Smile The "bad" code:
RichTxt& RichTxt::GetText0(int& pos, bool update)
{

if(update)
		Invalidate();
	int p = pos;
	int pi = FindPart(p);
	if(IsTable(pi)) {
		RichTable& tab = part[pi].Get<RichTable>();
		Point cl = tab.FindCell(p);
		if(update) {
			tab.InvalidateRefresh(cl);
			SetRefresh(pi);
		}
		pos = p;
		//return tab[cl].text.GetText0(pos, update); //Line 67
	}
	return *this;
}

Do you have an idea?

greetings ren

Re: internal compiler error occured in MSC8 [message #10519 is a reply to message #10518] Fri, 13 July 2007 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi!
I know that MSC8 crashes here. But I never had guts to find the exact line!. Thanks for that. Maybe Mirek will do a workaround for it.
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10521 is a reply to message #10510] Fri, 13 July 2007 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kknd is currently offline  Kknd
Promising Member
Nice!

How can I build from source on Linux? I've downloaded a snapshot from sourceforge CVS, but there wasn't a makefile / instruction.

I've tried to search on this forum, but I don't find anything useful Confused
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10524 is a reply to message #10521] Sat, 14 July 2007 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Kknd wrote on Fri, 13 July 2007 20:24

Nice!

How can I build from source on Linux? I've downloaded a snapshot from sourceforge CVS, but there wasn't a makefile / instruction.

I've tried to search on this forum, but I don't find anything useful Confused

Kknd, you kindly welcome to U++!
...and Ultimate++ community news and announcements Smile

1. What exactly did search?
2. Which distro have you got?
3. Have you already got working theide? I mean, do you need "first time installation instructions on linux" or "how to upgrade to 707-dev1 from ..."?

P.S. People are mostly very friendly here, with a great sense of humor, but they hate ... makefiles ... so it depends on the answers above... Smile Smile
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10526 is a reply to message #10524] Sat, 14 July 2007 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
fudadmin wrote on Fri, 13 July 2007 19:17

Kknd, you kindly welcome to U++!
...and Ultimate++ community news and announcements Smile

1. What exactly did search?
2. Which distro have you got?
3. Have you already got working theide? I mean, do you need "first time installation instructions on linux" or "how to upgrade to 707-dev1 from ..."?

P.S. People are mostly very friendly here, with a great sense of humor, but they hate ... makefiles ... so it depends on the answers above... Smile Smile

Thanks.

I've expressed myself wrong. I'm using the 2007.1 release (really good!) , and I'm trying to compile the last dev (upgrade to 707-dev1 from 2007.1 stable).

I must compile it with TheIDE itself or other tools?

P.S.: It must be a noob question, but I'm used with Makefiles Razz
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10527 is a reply to message #10526] Sat, 14 July 2007 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Kknd wrote on Sat, 14 July 2007 01:02

I've expressed myself wrong. I'm using the 2007.1 release (really good!) ,

1. I'm trying to compile the last dev (upgrade to 707-dev1 from 2007.1 stable).

====> How (what) are you trying (steps)? problems?

Kknd wrote on Sat, 14 July 2007 01:02

I must compile it with TheIDE itself or other tools?

====> theide creates a new (compiled , linked , ready-to-use ...) version of itself just like any other packages... with one click or shortcut (Ctrl-F5 or similar (I use Ctrl-R Smile) )...
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10528 is a reply to message #10527] Sat, 14 July 2007 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Kknd, actually, to compile theide itself, we have its own section on these forums:

href=" http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_i d=25&"

P.S Btw, I expect you don't feel offended or have any other bad feelings if you are not 100% precise with your questions... Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2007 03:00]

Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10530 is a reply to message #10510] Sat, 14 July 2007 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I was trying to do that too. But when it comes to the linking, I get an error.

I will try again, thanks for the replies.

Edit.: No success. Fails when compiling QuickTabs, I will try to post in the correct session this time Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2007 05:26]

Re: internal compiler error occured in MSC8 [message #10540 is a reply to message #10518] Sun, 15 July 2007 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ren42 wrote on Fri, 13 July 2007 13:36

Hi Uno,
first i say it's a great update.

while compiling my app this error comes:

----- RichText ( GUI MSC8 BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (4 / 10)
BLITZ: Object.cpp ParaPaint.cpp TxtData.cpp TxtPaint.cpp TxtOp.cpp Format.cpp TableCell.cpp TableLayou
	t.cpp TablePaint.cpp TableData.cpp TextPaint.cpp TextStyle.cpp TextData.cpp TextTable.cpp Util.cpp

$blitz.cpp
c:\opt\dev\upp200707\uppsrc\richtext\txtop.cpp(55) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred
	 in the compiler.
(compiler file 'f:\rtm\vctools\compiler\utc\src\P2\main.c[0x10BF1FD0:0x0000002C]', line 182)
 To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.

MSC8 fails when i used build settings Optimal, Size or Speed.
The setting debug compiles well. Mingw compiles well in all cases.

AFAIK, this happens if you compile BLITZ/Release (optimized). As you never should use BLITZ for optimized version (it makes executables longer), I do not see that as real problem... Just switch the BLITZ off.

Mirek
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10547 is a reply to message #10510] Sun, 15 July 2007 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adkiller is currently offline  adkiller
Promising Member
Please update SVN.

Thanks,
-Ad
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10549 is a reply to message #10547] Sun, 15 July 2007 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Sorry. Done!
Re: internal compiler error occured in MSC8 [message #10558 is a reply to message #10540] Mon, 16 July 2007 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ren42 is currently offline  ren42
Promising Member
Quote:

AFAIK, this happens if you compile BLITZ/Release (optimized). As you never should use BLITZ for optimized version (it makes executables longer), I do not see that as real problem... Just switch the BLITZ off.

Mirek

Hi Mirek,
thanks for reply.
yes you are right. Without blitz it compiles right and the
size of exe is indeed smaller. Sometimes ist is hard to find
out the easiest solution Confused

greetings, ren42
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10561 is a reply to message #10549] Mon, 16 July 2007 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
I just checked the SVN tree to update some experimental portage ebuilds I'm playing with. I noticed that the development version lists itself as (706.r67), but the latest revision listed in the SVN tree is r61. Should r61 be listed as 705.r61, 706.r61, 707.r??, or do we need to resolve the revision tree? As a note, the reason I care at all is that I'm trying to sort this out before releasing the new gentoo portage overlay. I am experimenting with extracting the source tree from sourceforge SVN by revision (not the perfered method, but...).

EBo --
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10564 is a reply to message #10561] Mon, 16 July 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
There is a name case mismatch for uppsrc/CtrlCore/X11DnD.cpp uppsrc/CtrlCore/X11Dnd.cpp between the SVN and UVS trees.

EBo --
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10570 is a reply to message #10561] Mon, 16 July 2007 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Mon, 16 July 2007 11:00

I just checked the SVN tree to update some experimental portage ebuilds I'm playing with. I noticed that the development version lists itself as (706.r67), but the latest revision listed in the SVN tree is r61. Should r61 be listed as 705.r61, 706.r61, 707.r??, or do we need to resolve the revision tree? As a note, the reason I care at all is that I'm trying to sort this out before releasing the new gentoo portage overlay. I am experimenting with extracting the source tree from sourceforge SVN by revision (not the perfered method, but...).

EBo --

These .rNN releases are "internal". Release software replaces them with "dev" or "final" versions (707-dev1 etc).

Frankly, the whole story about .rNN is that it feels like a bad idea to have it the same as "public" releases, the is why "r" and sometimes we change that, sometimes we forget to Wink (Because sometimes, I have 6 releases in a single day for my personal use - i recompile release theide after any finished feature or bugfix to find bugs ASAP...Smile

Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10573 is a reply to message #10570] Tue, 17 July 2007 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks for clearing that up. The current ebuild(s) I am working on is intended to build the experimental/developmental version from SVN. When I checked, there was no 707-dev1 tag. Anyway, I'm just playing with it at the moment and trying to figure out the structure of the different software branches.

EBo --
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10578 is a reply to message #10573] Tue, 17 July 2007 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Mon, 16 July 2007 19:42

Thanks for clearing that up. The current ebuild(s) I am working on is intended to build the experimental/developmental version from SVN. When I checked, there was no 707-dev1 tag. Anyway, I'm just playing with it at the moment and trying to figure out the structure of the different software branches.

EBo --

Hm, what about to simply start your numbering? Smile 707-ebuild1...

In U++, for good or bad, the policy is not to have any branches. So the number really just designates the time of snapshot and release technique...

Mirek
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10596 is a reply to message #10578] Tue, 17 July 2007 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Well... naming the ebuilds thus is what I am doing Wink The problem arises when I tell it to go download it either as a tar/zip ball or directly from the svn tree. If r61 is the tag I need to download then I specify:

svn co --revision 61 ...

BTW< I can do the same thing by datestamps, but that is a bit of esoterica...

When it is released as a tarball, I can simply use the the conventional means:

SRC_URI="http://../upp-2007.1rc5.tar.gz"
unpack ${A} || die ...

What motivated all this is that there has not been a source tarball released of dev series since January (upp-0.701.1.tar.gz). Since I do not (even if I could run) self extracting executable, I am stuck to extracting it from cvs, svn, or uvs. Now the problem with uvs is that it is not a common tool and yet another one to support if I am going to try to develop u++ ebuilds...

At this point I'm going to stop working on u++ ebuilds except for the formal releases and muck with whatever I have to do for my own purposes.

EBo --
Re: Upp 707-dev1 released [message #10597 is a reply to message #10578] Tue, 17 July 2007 23:15 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
PS: if there is some place I can get the datestamps for the different revisions then I can grab stuff from the SVN:

svn co --revision {2007-06-17} ...
Previous Topic: Please test your printer...
Next Topic: For when the new version of upp in .deb package?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:38:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02786 seconds