Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Debugging Problems with latest IDE
Debugging Problems with latest IDE [message #10616] Thu, 19 July 2007 10:15 Go to next message
Zardos is currently offline  Zardos
Hello,

I have a strange problem with the latest (from uvs) version of TheIDE.

I compiled theIDE as I usually do with msvc8 (optimized).

If I'm using this newest version of TheIDE and I set a breakpoint in one of my source files, compile the program with msvc71 or msvc8 and then launch the programm in the debugger (F5)

-> ... theIDE starts eating memory and it takes up to 30 seconds until the programm starts (enters main()).

This only happens if I set a breakpoint. If I just start the program with F5 without a breakpoint then there is no problem.

If I'm using mingw to copile the programm, then there is no problem! (stilll using the same msvc8 version of TheIDE) -> I can set a breakpoint and the program starts immediately in the debugger.

There was a discussion in the forum about using a different way to set a breakpoint... I don't remember it completely - Using: debugbreak() instead of an interrupt?
Anyway may be there were some changes at this part some days ago?

BTW: I'm currently using WinXP32

- Ralf

Edit: The problem is already present in: upp-mingw-707-dev1.exe

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2007 10:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debugging Problems with latest IDE [message #10636 is a reply to message #10616] Fri, 20 July 2007 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
First of all, Mingw debugging is completely different thing, therefore no surprise that it works...

I am using TheIDE / MSC7.1 debugging daily, with no problems.

Anyway, MSC debugging depends on dbghelp.dll. Is not it possible you have different version than shipped with U++?

If this is correct, then I guess it is an error that is associated with particular code and/or compile options.

Mirek
Re: Debugging Problems with latest IDE [message #10645 is a reply to message #10636] Fri, 20 July 2007 13:04 Go to previous message
Zardos is currently offline  Zardos
luzr wrote on Fri, 20 July 2007 10:04

First of all,
Anyway, MSC debugging depends on dbghelp.dll. Is not it possible you have different version than shipped with U++?

This was the problem! I somehow deleted the dbghelp.dll from the upp directory and so another version from c:\windows was used.!

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Ralf
Previous Topic: Uldar linker and gdb
Next Topic: generate Makefile utility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:23:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03915 seconds