Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » make programs output to theIDE console by default [SUGGESTION]
make programs output to theIDE console by default [SUGGESTION] [message #12000] Sun, 07 October 2007 17:48 Go to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
I do this almost for every app which outputs to stdout, so, why don't make it a default behaviour? In fact, it could just be a settable global preference, since at present there is no interactive console in theide so programs which request user input would have some problem to run... but obviously an interactive console would even more appreciated!

David

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2007 22:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: make programs output to theIDE console by default [SUGGESTION] [message #12032 is a reply to message #12000] Tue, 09 October 2007 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
How would one implement something like that in a multi-process environment?

That is, if you have the compiler building multiple targets at the same time, like Blitz does, how do you handle the output such that it doesn't become a jumbled mess? Maybe gather all the output for an individual process and write it in one blast to a mutexed control?
Re: make programs output to theIDE console by default [SUGGESTION] [message #12048 is a reply to message #12032] Tue, 09 October 2007 16:47 Go to previous message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
In fact my proposal is just a walk-around to current system, which lacks the possibility to assign custom interactive consoles per application inside theide . i.e. Anjuta has a powerful system to do such things, with it I've managed to have something like a lisp repl inside anjuta without too much effort.

David
Previous Topic: selection of colours for code editor
Next Topic: minor bug with highlighting of float numbers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:27:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00982 seconds