Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Question about Memory Leak Detection
Question about Memory Leak Detection [message #12585] Fri, 09 November 2007 14:32 Go to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Is the memory leak detection from the debugger available on all operating systems? If you are using the VCC compiler, does it use the VCC memory leak detector or is it built into TheIDE and works for all programs?

TIA
Re: Question about Memory Leak Detection [message #12659 is a reply to message #12585] Mon, 12 November 2007 15:02 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
captainc wrote on Fri, 09 November 2007 14:32

Is the memory leak detection from the debugger available on all operating systems? If you are using the VCC compiler, does it use the VCC memory leak detector or is it built into TheIDE and works for all programs?

TIA

As I've seen from sources (but I may be wrong...) Upp leak detector is built in when compiling in debug mode, and works hooking the allocation memory routines... checking on program exit if all allocated mem is freed. So, it should be compiler independent stuff.
BTW, for what I've seen, it's working quite good.
It has even some way (not 100% reliable of course, that's impossible...) to detect writes to freed blocks.

All that (AFAIK) only when compiling with debugging on.

Ciao

Max

Previous Topic: missing library - linking error
Next Topic: Problems compiling packages/examples under Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:45:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.51105 seconds