Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Using RichEdit in dialog
Using RichEdit in dialog [message #12862] Thu, 22 November 2007 16:07 Go to next message
alex100 is currently offline  alex100
Experienced Member
Hi all,
I would like to include a little word processor at a bottom of a dialog window. This dialog already has other types of widgets. I added a RichTextView and a RichTextCtrl widgets but they seem to be readonly. I looked to the UWord example and I saw that this example uses a RichEdit. Is it possible to add a RichEdit widget at design time? If not, how can I use it? subclassing?! how?

Thanks a lot,

Alex
Re: Using RichEdit in dialog [message #12863 is a reply to message #12862] Thu, 22 November 2007 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
1) Add the RichEdit package to the project. Project->AddPackage
2) Before the line '#define LAYOUTFILE xxxx' add '#include <RichEdit/RichEdit.h>'
3) In the designer add a 'User Class' to the form. Select the new control and change it's type (in the box to the left of the name) to either RichEdit or RichEditWithToolBar.

All done.
Re: Using RichEdit in dialog [message #12865 is a reply to message #12863] Thu, 22 November 2007 16:50 Go to previous message
alex100 is currently offline  alex100
Experienced Member
Great!!

Thanks a lot!

Alex
Previous Topic: How to call GUI in static function?
Next Topic: How to use WithDropChoice?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:43:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08124 seconds