Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp moves to SVN
Upp moves to SVN [message #1291] Sun, 26 February 2006 15:24 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Hi!

CVS is now abandoned. Upp was moved to SVN. To downoload upp sources you need to:

1. download subversion client from http://subversion.tigris.org
The newest version is available at: http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/29065/svn-1. 3.0-setup.exe

2. execute the command:
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/upp <your_local_directory>

Enjoy!
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1293 is a reply to message #1291] Sun, 26 February 2006 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, just to clarify things... That for the moment does not mean that uvs2 is deprecated, just that Daniel will upload to svn instead of cvs...

As for SVN as the only repository matter, please give us more time to decide.

Mirek
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1301 is a reply to message #1293] Sun, 26 February 2006 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iplayfast is currently offline  iplayfast
Yes! Very Happy
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1326 is a reply to message #1301] Mon, 27 February 2006 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to help out people who are unfamiliar with subversion.
To get the source use unodgs's
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/upp <your_local_directory>

Under windows to create a patch use the tortoisesvn downloaded from http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html.

The program is very easy to use. Use the windows explore to go to where the svn directory is (or will be). Right click on the folder and and use the menu selections.

Under Linux it's easist to use the command prompt to make patches. (Although KDE has a plugin for viewing versions as well).
From the http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html#how-to-make-a-patch
To make a patch use
svn diff | tee ~/name_of_the_patch.diff

To apply a patch use
patch -p0 < name_of_the_patch.diff

To undo a patch
patch -R -p0 < name_of_the_patch.diff

To revert to a prestine copy
svn revert <your directory>

It is my hope that the upp god-programmers use subversion to submit thier patches as they make them, so we can all retain the most current copy, without having to wait for unodgs to update.
Subversion was designed to be used by the maintainers of a project to keep the repository current, as well for the spectators who want to build their copies themselves.

This project has really caught my interest and I'm hoping to make myself more useful to it in the future.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2006 23:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1332 is a reply to message #1291] Mon, 27 February 2006 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

TortoiseSVN is pretty nice, but what I suggest you is to use the smartsvn. This is a really good tool.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2006 00:45]

Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1335 is a reply to message #1332] Tue, 28 February 2006 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've not seen smartsvn before. It looks like it would do the job. Why do you think it's better then TortoiseSVN?

Attached is my first patch! (whee!!)

This patch allows the SDLexample to work on Linux. The only thing is, I think that the beta I downloaded already has some changes in it.

Is the svn at sourceforge up to date?

The patch (human readable)
Replace this
#include <SDL.h>

with this
#include <SDL/SDL.h>

According to SDL sites this is what is expected. But in just trying out this patch on windows, it breaks it. Perhaps you folks need to add and SLD directory before the one you added to windows? (just guessing)

replace this
        fntbmp = SDL_LoadBMP(GetDataFile("font.bmp"));

with this
#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32
#endif
#ifdef PLATFORM_POSIX
    fntbmp = SDL_LoadBMP(GetDataFile("upp/examples/SDLExample/font.bmp"));
#endif

So that the font.bmp is found. I don't know the best way of handling this for an example program. The data isn't with the binary under Linux, so I just mapped it to where it was from my home directory.

There is probably a better way to handle this, but I don't know.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2006 02:39]

Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1339 is a reply to message #1335] Tue, 28 February 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
iplayfast wrote on Mon, 27 February 2006 20:18

I've not seen smartsvn before. It looks like it would do the job. Why do you think it's better then TortoiseSVN?

Attached is my first patch! (whee!!)

This patch allows the SDLexample to work on Linux. The only thing is, I think that the beta I downloaded already has some changes in it.

The patch (human readable)
Replace this
#include <SDL.h>

with this
#include <SDL/SDL.h>

According to SDL sites this is what is expected. But in just trying out this patch on windows, it breaks it. Perhaps you folks need to add and SLD directory before the one you added to windows? (just guessing)

replace this

with this
#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32
#endif
#ifdef PLATFORM_POSIX
    fntbmp = SDL_LoadBMP(GetDataFile("upp/examples/SDLExample/font.bmp"));
#endif

So that the font.bmp is found. I don't know the best way of handling this for an example program. The data isn't with the binary under Linux, so I just mapped it to where it was from my home directory.

There is probably a better way to handle this, but I don't know.

Well, I have repaired the part I could by your previous patch. However, I was not able to resolve that DataFile problem there as well..... (brc maybe?).

Mirek
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1348 is a reply to message #1339] Tue, 28 February 2006 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know what brc is.

This patch was made using subversion. The svn at sourceforge appears to be out of date according to the latest beta. (as can be seen from the extra stuff that was patched).

What I did was take my modifications from the beta and copy them over the clean svn checkout. Then created my patch and submitted it.

Would it be possible to update the repository with your latest changes? (Use the same method as above, ie do a fresh checkout, then copy *.* overtop). After that it should be a piece of cake to keep yourself and any other developer in sync.

Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1349 is a reply to message #1348] Tue, 28 February 2006 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
iplayfast wrote on Tue, 28 February 2006 12:03

Don't know what brc is.

This patch was made using subversion. The svn at sourceforge appears to be out of date according to the latest beta. (as can be seen from the extra stuff that was patched).

What I did was take my modifications from the beta and copy them over the clean svn checkout. Then created my patch and submitted it.

Would it be possible to update the repository with your latest changes? (Use the same method as above, ie do a fresh checkout, then copy *.* overtop). After that it should be a piece of cake to keep yourself and any other developer in sync.

Oh, no, I am refering to the actual code, not the process (that is, not about svn or diff).

brc is a special way how to include binary data into your code. Which is exactly the problem we are facing here.

GetDataFile function is a special Win32 specific hack that detects whether your binary runs launched from TheIDE - if yes, it returns the file from the source directory. If not, it takes the file from executable directory.

Mirek
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1353 is a reply to message #1349] Tue, 28 February 2006 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re brc.

Take a look at the fox-toolkit, In the utils he has a program called reswrap.exe which converts bmp's to text files. I've attached the output of it on font.bmp

• Attachment: font.cpp
    (Size: 625.15KB, Downloaded 1662 times)
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1354 is a reply to message #1353] Tue, 28 February 2006 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
iplayfast wrote on Tue, 28 February 2006 13:02

re brc.

Take a look at the fox-toolkit, In the utils he has a program called reswrap.exe which converts bmp's to text files. I've attached the output of it on font.bmp

Yes, that is what "brc" does automagically (via TheIDE build process).

Check reference/brc example or:

http://upp.sourceforge.net/srcdoc$Core$BRC$en-us.html

Mirek
Re: Upp moves to SVN [message #1355 is a reply to message #1335] Tue, 28 February 2006 19:14 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

iplayfast wrote on Mon, 27 February 2006 20:18

I didn't make myself clear.. SmartSVN isn't better - it's just different. And that differents are better for me (I prefer "windowed programs" to right clicked ones..

Quote:

I'm trying to move uvs sources to svn as often as possible...
Previous Topic: Upp 602 beta4 released
Next Topic: New installer (and release system) test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:04:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02915 seconds