Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to create package to be included another packages
How to create package to be included another packages [message #1330] Mon, 27 February 2006 23:44 Go to next message
wilho is currently offline  wilho
Promising Member
Hi,

I'm trying to create includable package from SQL_Sqlite3 reference package. I have modified this example from console application to single class.

If I include simple.cpp in beginning of my to_be_born_application, it works fine. But if I'm trying just to add the modified SQL_Sqlite3 -package into project, added package gets compiled, but my application can't use it. If I add package and include cpp I get linker errors from double defines.

If someone could descripe steps I have to take to make this work I'd be gratefull.
Re: How to create package to be included another packages [message #1333 is a reply to message #1330] Tue, 28 February 2006 00:27 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
wilho wrote on Mon, 27 February 2006 17:44

Hi,

I'm trying to create includable package from SQL_Sqlite3 reference package. I have modified this example from console application to single class.

If I include simple.cpp in beginning of my to_be_born_application, it works fine. But if I'm trying just to add the modified SQL_Sqlite3 -package into project, added package gets compiled, but my application can't use it. If I add package and include cpp I get linker errors from double defines.

If someone could descripe steps I have to take to make this work I'd be gratefull.

Actually, I am quite confused...

Reference packages are just examples. If you want to use the code there, probably the best option is to start a new project and paste the code there.

Well, maybe attempt to single explanation of how this package stuff works:

If you are developing MyApp, this will be your "main package". If MyApp is about to use Sqlite, you have to:

- add plugin/Sqlite package to "uses" list of MyApp
- place into MyApp.h
#include <plugin/Sqlite3/Sqlite3.h>

plus alternative use other headers of Sqlite3...

Well, if there are still troubles, I guess zipping your main package and posting here is not a bad idea...

Mirek
Previous Topic: U++ Examples: CompDir no longer compiles in 602 beta3 [BUG?]
Next Topic: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:43:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03009 seconds