Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Some feature requests
Some feature requests [message #13360] Thu, 03 January 2008 01:26 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
DEBUGGER :
Persistent watches :
   watches should be persistent at least between runs
   better could be persistent watches even on ide restart
   the best would be watches (and other debug stuffs) stored on a user file

Persistent breakpoints :
   the same as previous point

Conditional and passcount breakpoints

Stack dumps on request
    useful to trace code calls

Better variable evaluation :
    Evaluating r of type 'Rect &' should show r contents, not r address

Class/struct member following :
    Classes/structs members should be clickable and fields opened as new watches

ASSIST:
    a way to embed external html help files (with indexing maybe)

CODE EDITOR:
code reformatting
    I could try to add it myself, with some help...
    I've already done something with AStyle package elsewhere

Ciao

Max
Re: Some feature requests [message #13741 is a reply to message #13360] Fri, 25 January 2008 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gertwin is currently offline  gertwin
Promising Member
Are there plans for implementing (some of) these features?

I like to add some request:

- Drag and drop of variables from the editor to the watch/explorer window.
Drag and drop to the explorer window works but it moves the text and not copies it (i can use ctrl but moving text uit of the edit window?).

- Pointing at a variable in the editor in debug mode pops up a tooltip with the value.

- When text is selected in the editor the text is copied into the search field of the find dialogs and help topic.

- Ability to search in the help topic text.

Re: Some feature requests [message #13825 is a reply to message #13741] Tue, 29 January 2008 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
gertwin wrote on Fri, 25 January 2008 06:54

Are there plans for implementing (some of) these features?

Yes. TheIDE is the primary target for this year Smile

Mirek
Re: Some feature requests [message #13866 is a reply to message #13825] Wed, 30 January 2008 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I would add another request which I would really like to have: after a failed ASSERT, TheIDE should open the file which failed the assert a the correct line if possible, instead of opening Util.cpp. You already have file name and line number, so I don't think this would be so difficult.
Re: Some feature requests [message #14213 is a reply to message #13866] Wed, 20 February 2008 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 08:58

I would add another request which I would really like to have: after a failed ASSERT, TheIDE should open the file which failed the assert a the correct line if possible, instead of opening Util.cpp. You already have file name and line number, so I don't think this would be so difficult.

Well, not as simple as it seems. These "line & number" are in another process Wink

Also, usually, it has no benefit. The line where ASSERT fails is most of time NOT the line or file where is the problem. You need stack trace to find it.

Solution is to run in debug mode, then use stack droplist to find it....

Mirek
Re: Some feature requests [message #14215 is a reply to message #13360] Wed, 20 February 2008 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently online  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Would not to move 1 level up in call-stack solve this?
(I mean to simulate user clicking on call-stack and moving 1 level up)
I would also like this behavior more than the current one.
Re: Some feature requests [message #14452 is a reply to message #14215] Tue, 26 February 2008 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
In 95% it is not even one up, but even higher.

OTOH, your suggestion makes sense. Now only how to detect that the exception a result of ASSERT.... Sad

Mirek
Re: Some feature requests [message #14488 is a reply to message #13360] Wed, 27 February 2008 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently online  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Simply... you end (in current version) in the source file inside ASSERT ... Smile

(yes, I'm really suggesting to hard-code this)
Actually the ASSERT maybe can call some U++ debug function to set some flag "assert_is_going_throw_exception".

I don't know.. I don't like either way, it feels too dirty to me, but you look to be more practical, so maybe you will take it if it works. Very Happy
Re: Some feature requests [message #14490 is a reply to message #14488] Wed, 27 February 2008 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Well, I'm wondering if Upp can distinguish if a program is run inside debugger or not.
If the answer is YES, you can make ASSERT a macro that checks it and drops a breakpoint-on-the-fly on source line.
No need to unwind stack or more complicated stuffs.....

Max
Re: Some feature requests [message #14502 is a reply to message #14488] Wed, 27 February 2008 18:04 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Wed, 27 February 2008 05:37

Simply... you end (in current version) in the source file inside ASSERT ... Smile

(yes, I'm really suggesting to hard-code this)
Actually the ASSERT maybe can call some U++ debug function to set some flag "assert_is_going_throw_exception".

I don't know.. I don't like either way, it feels too dirty to me, but you look to be more practical, so maybe you will take it if it works. Very Happy

Well, I am practical, therefore I know it will not help much anyway:) I guess I will rather spend time with something more interesting...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Ide bug.... Set main package [FIXED]
Next Topic: [BUG] Command in temp-aux's context menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:16:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02138 seconds