Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem with MSC8 compiler and MySql.h
Problem with MSC8 compiler and MySql.h [message #13379] Thu, 03 January 2008 18:26
Elessar is currently offline  Elessar
Hi all.

I have to do a little project that require MySql in a C++ program, so I searched the best IDE to do that and, after a long searh, I found upp perfect for this job. It has his own MySql integration and examples, so I was really happy.
Unfortunately I am used to debug with the very user-fiendly interface of Visual Studio 2005 and the amazing Eclipse debug interface, so I was a bit in pain when I saw the mingw debug, with the assembly code. So I used the MSC8 compiler, but when i try to build the SQL_MySql example, i get a lot of errors like these:

----- SQL_MySql ( MT MAIN MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (5 / 5)
main.cpp
SQL_MySql: 1 file(s) built in (0:02.84), 2844 msecs / file, duration = 2859 msecs
Linking...
mysqlclient.lib(my_winthread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(mf_loadpath.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_getwd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_once.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(mf_pack.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_messnc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(mf_dirname.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(mf_fn_ext.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_fopen.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_lib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(mf_format.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_read.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_time.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_compress.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(viosslfactories.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(list.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(my_open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(array.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_
mysqlclient.lib(charset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __db_doprnt_

and so on. I attached the MySql Server folders into the compiler setup, but seems that he doesn't like the library very much.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks
Previous Topic: Problem with compilation when using dshow.h
Next Topic: Visual C++ 2008 Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:13:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 4.06837 seconds