Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How can Layout be used for non-TopWindow special widget?
How can Layout be used for non-TopWindow special widget? [message #13570] Tue, 15 January 2008 06:47 Go to next message
jlfranks is currently offline  jlfranks
We have several complex widgets that we want to create in their own packages. These are complicated enough to require the Layout editor. The problem is that all examples of where Layout is used and initialized seems to only be for TopWindow.

Gui Tutorial #21 shows a special widget example, but I can't determine how to scale this up for a complext special widget, in it's own package, with it's own layout, and not TopWindow. Can you provide an example based on Tutorial #21, but scaled up to have it's own layout file, but not TopWindow?

I've not been able to figure out how to do this because the layout initializer tries to set the Title, but the widget is not TopWindow.

Or, maybe there is another way of reaching the goal?

--jlf
Re: How can Layout be used for non-TopWindow special widget? [message #13571 is a reply to message #13570] Tue, 15 January 2008 08:15 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jlfranks wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 00:47

We have several complex widgets that we want to create in their own packages. These are complicated enough to require the Layout editor. The problem is that all examples of where Layout is used and initialized seems to only be for TopWindow.

Gui Tutorial #21 shows a special widget example, but I can't determine how to scale this up for a complext special widget, in it's own package, with it's own layout, and not TopWindow. Can you provide an example based on Tutorial #21, but scaled up to have it's own layout file, but not TopWindow?

I've not been able to figure out how to do this because the layout initializer tries to set the Title, but the widget is not TopWindow.

Or, maybe there is another way of reaching the goal?

--jlf

struct MyWidget : WithMyLayout<MyBaseClass> {
   MyWidget() {
      CtrlLayout(*this);
   }
};

In other words, without title parameter, CtrlLayout does not set the title...

Mirek
Previous Topic: how to input an int into std::string? and an exception question
Next Topic: Look of MenuBar dependent on position of calls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 18:01:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04628 seconds