Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Look of MenuBar dependent on position of calls
Look of MenuBar dependent on position of calls [message #13615] Thu, 17 January 2008 15:08 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I noticed something strange: when creating a menu, if you change the order of MenuBar::Set and TopWindow::AddFrame, the menu looks differently. If it has a submenu it even looks nice, so I guess this is intentional.

But if it doesn't have a submenu, the text is not centered.

I think suck things should not be dependent on the order of calls. To see what I mean, run Gui07 and edit:
MyAppWindow() {
	Title("My application with menu").Sizeable();

menu.Set(THISBACK(MainMenu)); // this was after the next one
	AddFrame(menu);
}
Re: Look of MenuBar dependent on position of calls [message #13623 is a reply to message #13615] Thu, 17 January 2008 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Thu, 17 January 2008 09:08

I noticed something strange: when creating a menu, if you change the order of MenuBar::Set and TopWindow::AddFrame, the menu looks differently. If it has a submenu it even looks nice, so I guess this is intentional.

But if it doesn't have a submenu, the text is not centered.

I think suck things should not be dependent on the order of calls. To see what I mean, run Gui07 and edit:
MyAppWindow() {
	Title("My application with menu").Sizeable();

menu.Set(THISBACK(MainMenu)); // this was after the next one
	AddFrame(menu);
}

Well, I am afraid we have to call this a feature for now...

The thing is that the kind of menu items is decided based on whether menu is child or not. If not, popup menu is created, if it is child, the result is menu-bar.

Mirek

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2008 20:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Look of MenuBar dependent on position of calls [message #13633 is a reply to message #13615] Fri, 18 January 2008 09:17 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Quote:

Well, I am afraid we have to call this a feature for now...

Oh well, I can live with that.

Another thing related to bar is that after the new Chameleon style that was introduced lately, if you use ToolButton outside of a ToolBar, it has a different look. It border is a lot thicker. A little diversity doesn't hurt, but during my summer hollyday, I installed U++ on a computer, where these borders where extremely thick. No other application had such thick buttons, so I don't think it was related directly to some custom windows skin. I'm sorry, but I forgot about the issue back then, and I didn't take a screenshot.
Previous Topic: How can Layout be used for non-TopWindow special widget?
Next Topic: FIX - SizeGrip executes first MenuEntry of MenuBar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:50:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01763 seconds