Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Will not create packaqge with <empty> template
Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #943] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:05 Go to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
Trying to use external makefile I build an empty application.

All goes well. Then when restarting TheIDE it fails to find the application in MyApps. If I click new and give it the same name it finds the file. The installed files are there.

Any suggestions?

Duncan
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #946 is a reply to message #943] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Either:

Use "All packages"

or

Add main configuration (empty would do).

When selecting the main packages, TheIDE normally just displays those with main config, as only these normally represent target apps.

Mirek

Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1143 is a reply to message #946] Tue, 21 February 2006 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks

All works well now. Can use theIDE as a cross development tool for AVR micros. The Execute function in macros gives a lot of power. Can execute any routine and pick up errors in the output window at bottom of screen. Use of external makefile saves reworking the development system too much.

Thanks again

Duncan
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1199 is a reply to message #1143] Thu, 23 February 2006 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Can you please make some short tutorial what everything you had to do to make it work?

I'm toying around with idea of switching my currect editor to U++ IDE.

I'm developing with some old gcc (and pmake) under WinXP with m68k/coldfire target platform, and I use just plain C, but I still think the U++ IDE can be worth of try.

Your list of changes would be very likely identical to what I have to do to try it out, so you would save me lot of time. Smile

Thank you.
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1220 is a reply to message #1199] Thu, 23 February 2006 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try to do some documentation about how to cross compile. May be a few days before I can get around to producing it.

Question - to someone - wher can it be put?

Duncan
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1221 is a reply to message #1220] Thu, 23 February 2006 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
DuncanShortland wrote on Thu, 23 February 2006 15:40

I will try to do some documentation about how to cross compile. May be a few days before I can get around to producing it.

Question - to someone - wher can it be put?

Duncan

One simple possibility is to upload it here... if size<2048Kb
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1283 is a reply to message #1221] Sat, 25 February 2006 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Example documentation as to how to cross compile.

Find attached a topic file with information as to how to cross compile using theIDE.

Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1287 is a reply to message #1283] Sat, 25 February 2006 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
DuncanShortland wrote on Sat, 25 February 2006 12:17

Example documentation as to how to cross compile.

Find attached a topic file with information as to how to cross compile using theIDE.

Now in TheIDE help...

Mirek
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1376 is a reply to message #1287] Wed, 01 March 2006 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
Eh, I didn't try IDEhelp before, so I tried it now.
(both on 602rc and 603beta (BTW, install was without problem))

And I somehow don't get it.
I click with mouse on Assist, Help index..
new window appears with list of several topics.
Now I click on "Using TheIDE as a Cross Development Tool" and nothing happens.

Further:
When I click on other topic, I get into the topic, but the "Go Back" does not do anything, both used with mouse or "Alt+Left".

And one more thing.
I downloaded the "CrossComp$en-gb.tpp" file from here in case I will have more luck than with the IDE help, but I don't know how to open such file!
(edited: ok, after reading some of that help I finally managed to open that .tpp in my own project Smile)

Open file in TheIDE doesn't work on .tpp files and opens them like some source (.txt).
And when I run Topic++, I can't open file trough it too.

Should the TheIDE behave like I described (and I'm just too stupid to use it correctly), or am I running into some bug?

Furthermore... I have seen the "Help index.." just for couple of seconds, and I already really hate this help, looks very unusable to me.
(I'm used to generate my own documentation by doxygen into HTML and view it with firefox ... things like tabbed browsing, search on typing, bookmarks, etc... all those I like to use when I crawl trough any documentation, and that "TheIDE help" window looks very cheap when compared to firefox. Maybe all that stuff is just well hidden, but I'm afraid it's really as lame as it looks)

[Updated on: Wed, 01 March 2006 15:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1377 is a reply to message #1376] Wed, 01 March 2006 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
Ah... update:

The "Go Back" does work ok, as long as I don't try to use the cross development topic.

After that I can still click on other topic and go there, but the "go back" will stop to work.

And one more major problem with this help.
I can't select text and copy??? Uh...
Looks to me more like picture viewer, not like help system.
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1379 is a reply to message #1376] Wed, 01 March 2006 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may have sent insufficient Topic++ files last time.

Attached is a compressed directory created by topic++. Extract the directory and put into your working directory. This should enable you to open the topic entry.

Mirek - please can you update the help file.

Thanks
  • Attachment: cc.zip
    (Size: 3.43KB, Downloaded 1747 times)
Re: Will not create packaqge with <empty> template [message #1380 is a reply to message #943] Wed, 01 March 2006 16:16 Go to previous message
Experienced Contributor
Duncan: I managed to open even the original file,
now I have empty package with my files included (*.c, *.h, makefile), macro is created and it works.

I would still need to do some work with environment setup to make the gcc find my includes/etc to run the build process correctly...
(I simply copied one library source from my development tree into MyApps directory, and as my development tree has relative paths, I need to change the makefile or copy the whole tree into MyApps).

But generaly speaking it works as expected, thank you very much, the worst part was to open that .tpp file, everything else was easy. Smile

(Actually as I'm using version of some old gcc for the cross platform development (target is motorola m68k/coldfire), I think with a bit of sweat I could set the whole IDE to use that old gcc, and make the package work with it with standart build process maybe.

But I would have to maintain the external makefile anyway to keep my projects accessible to people without Ultimate++.)

I don't have any more time to experiment with it right now, but I'm sure I will get back to it sometimes soon and try to make the whole process usable for development already.
And than finally I will try out the IDE itself for serious work, not just 5minute experiments. Smile Looking forward to it.
Previous Topic: How to create package to be included another packages
Next Topic: Icons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:27:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05975 seconds