Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem
ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem [message #14061] Fri, 08 February 2008 00:12 Go to next message
loki is currently offline  loki
Hello,

I have some problem with the EditMode. If I use SetEditable(false), the user can't select a row for highlighting. If I use SetEditable(true) I found no way to block the EditMode. EndEdit() is private...

Is there a function which allows the selection when SetEditable(false)? Or must I overload LeftDown() to get what i want?

greetings
loki

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2008 15:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem [message #14088 is a reply to message #14061] Sun, 10 February 2008 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Seems as if my english is very poor Confused Sorry

Question 1: How can I cancel lineedit in WhenStartEdit ?

Question 2: Why is selection with LMB and resizing of the tabs ignored when SetEditable is set to false? It seems to me that here is something wrong, because I can select a line with RMB and I can resize the tabs in the HeaderObject. Also the mouseimage changes to indicate sizing of the tab.

I think that here are too many tests to "IsReadOnly()".
These tests should be removed from all input-functions and should only be used in functions which create or manipulate something.
StartEdit and DoInsert are candidates.

In my actual program I need to be able to switch between editable and not-editable state. But in both states the user must be able to select a line, because each line contains extra data which is displayed in an extra Ctrl.

Here is a testcase and a modified version of ArrayCtrl.cpp

greetings
loki

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2008 18:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem [message #14155 is a reply to message #14088] Fri, 15 February 2008 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think you are right.

Anyway, I will not consider this before the "stable release" is out.

Mirek
Re: ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem [message #14159 is a reply to message #14061] Fri, 15 February 2008 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Thanks for info. Smile

greetings
loki
Re: ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem [message #14160 is a reply to message #14159] Fri, 15 February 2008 18:58 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Please remind me then Smile

We can add it to next "dev" release...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel
Next Topic: Problems with ArrayCtrl, GridCtrl in my app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:48:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03667 seconds