Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Two questions on U++
Two questions on U++ [message #14258] Thu, 21 February 2008 03:38 Go to next message
indiocolifa is currently offline  indiocolifa
I don't fully understand two things on U++ UI architecture:

1. For which cases I should break the loop with 'Breaker'? I don't understand how this can be used for a top level window without childs, etc. I simply do Close, I don't break any loop.

2. I don't understand the use of "acceptor/rejector" methods. I created dialogs without using them, could not find a suitable use for them.

Thank you!

U++ is great!
Re: Two questions on U++ [message #14280 is a reply to message #14258] Thu, 21 February 2008 16:07 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
indiocolifa wrote on Wed, 20 February 2008 21:38

I don't fully understand two things on U++ UI architecture:

1. For which cases I should break the loop with 'Breaker'? I don't understand how this can be used for a top level window without childs, etc. I simply do Close, I don't break any loop.

Actually, Close detects whether TopWindow runs in modal loop and if it does, it performs Break instead of closing the window Smile (It is a bit more complicated than that... but as first explanation, this will do).

Quote:

2. I don't understand the use of "acceptor/rejector" methods. I created dialogs without using them, could not find a suitable use for them.

Acceptor is method of Break that checks validity of data and if OK it finishes editation states. If some data are not valid (e.g. invalid date), exclamation prompt appears and the loop is not terminated.

Rejector is inverse to it. All edits are canceled. If there was performed backup of data state of dialog, data are restored from this backup.

Typically, Acceptor is bound to OK key, Rejector to Cancel.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Problem with DropList and FlatSpin
Next Topic: Key in DropList cannot be same
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:48:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05853 seconds