Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Linux RectTracker problem
Linux RectTracker problem [message #14906] Wed, 19 March 2008 13:59 Go to next message
jsharman is currently offline  jsharman
The RectTracker Reference example when built and run on a Linux system (Suse 10.7 with UPP version 2007.1) doesn’t display the new rectangle entry as seen on a WinXp system using UPP version MingW-2007.1.

The problem appears to be the modal tracking loop is not being terminated by the Left Up mouse event.

Do I need to change a setting or configuration for Linux?

Jim.

Re: Linux RectTracker problem [message #14976 is a reply to message #14906] Sun, 23 March 2008 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
In current -svn and upcoming (which actually is much more stable than 2007.1 linux version Smile it works.

Anyway, checking this I noticed that "Solid" pattern of RectTracker does not work - this is now fixed as well (pattern only needed binary not for X11...).

Mirek
Re: Linux RectTracker problem [message #15043 is a reply to message #14906] Wed, 26 March 2008 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the update this will simplify the zoom selection required for my Linux application.

The previous UPP installation for the Suse environment was achieved using the i386.rpm download version. Should I install the Beta2 i386.deb version or save time and wait for the new Linux version (hopefully with a .rpm version)?
Re: Linux RectTracker problem [message #15044 is a reply to message #15043] Wed, 26 March 2008 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jsharman wrote on Wed, 26 March 2008 12:53

Thanks for the update this will simplify the zoom selection required for my Linux application.

The previous UPP installation for the Suse environment was achieved using the i386.rpm download version. Should I install the Beta2 i386.deb version or save time and wait for the new Linux version (hopefully with a .rpm version)?

If you have working ide, the simplest way is to download src, replace it and then recompile theide..

Mirek
Re: Linux RectTracker problem [message #15078 is a reply to message #15044] Fri, 28 March 2008 18:32 Go to previous message
I have updated the source code within my home working and the RectTracker example now works correctly using the upp.2007 ide.

I have successfully built upp.2008 IDE but encountered a few problems when using the new IDE:

1. The ide help does not include the support doc's for the libraries and the hot links to IDE help doc's do not work. Is there an additional build option required?

2. The ide fails to build the RectTracker example and I am currently checking the build setup etc. Do both ide versions use the same configuration files?

Jim

Previous Topic: DockCtrl (A dockable window widget for U++)
Next Topic: Changing Editbox background color (EditString)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:00:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05399 seconds