Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » TheIDE bug in layout designer?
TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15034] Wed, 26 March 2008 15:06 Go to next message
rochk is currently offline  rochk
Promising Member
Well - I am not sure if I get correctly the way in which layout designer is supposed to work - but it offers non existing methods for some of the widget controls. Two which I checked are StaticRect and GridCtrl. In case of the first one it displays SetInk() method which is not defined for StaticRect (Color() is the method to change its color). The layout compiles correctly only if you do not change the properties of the control in the layout designer. When it comes to GridCtrl - checking and unchecking some of its properties in layout designer results in the compilation errors stating that some of the methods are not defined for that class. I have checked this only with U++ 2008.1 beta 2.

Regards,
/Roch K.
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15035 is a reply to message #15034] Wed, 26 March 2008 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Ooopsss... I posted this in the wrong place probably. Sorry!

/RochK
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15038 is a reply to message #15035] Wed, 26 March 2008 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, this is not really a bug in Layout designer, but in .usc script.

Thanks for report anyway, going to fix StaticRect part Wink (Daniel will hopefully fix GridCtrl).

Mirek
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15046 is a reply to message #15034] Wed, 26 March 2008 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

That's possible some of GridCtrl's methods listed in usc file are outdated. I'll check them. Thx for reporting this.
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15048 is a reply to message #15034] Wed, 26 March 2008 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
rochk wrote on Wed, 26 March 2008 10:06

Well - I am not sure if I get correctly the way in which layout designer is supposed to work - but it offers non existing methods for some of the widget controls. Two which I checked are StaticRect and GridCtrl. In case of the first one it displays SetInk() method which is not defined for StaticRect (Color() is the method to change its color).

Strange, there is no StaticRect defined for layout designer Smile

Anyway, I have taken the chance to fix StaticText:)

Mirek
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15049 is a reply to message #15048] Wed, 26 March 2008 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 26 March 2008 20:50

Strange, there is no StaticRect defined for layout designer Smile

Anyway, I have taken the chance to fix StaticText:)

Mirek

Yes - I know. I put StaticRect in my layout through 'User class' menu option. I have read somewhere that only most common controls are supported directly in layout designer and that is the way to do it. Maybe that is why the layout designer offers SetInk() method which is Ctrl class member I guess. And that is why it does not work with StaticRect... But - why does layout designer offer such option at all in case of custom controls?
Those may be silly questions and explanations - I am still a complete greenhorn when it comes to U++ design... Smile

Regards,
/RochK
Re: TheIDE bug in layout designer? [message #15054 is a reply to message #15049] Thu, 27 March 2008 09:37 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
The lines:
	Font   	SetFont = StdFont();
	Color  	SetInk = :SBlack;	

should be moved from Base to LabelBox.

Mirek,
It seems to me that CtrlLib.usc could do with a thorough audit given that CtrlLib sees quite stable and there are obviously some problems. I could this for you if you emailed me you're latest version.
Previous Topic: Screen coordinates to Printer coordinates Conversion?
Next Topic: DockCtrl (A dockable window widget for U++)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:49:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01748 seconds