FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » French translation of Core and CtrlLib
French translation of Core and CtrlLib [message #931] Thu, 09 February 2006 14:28 Go to next message
riri is currently offline  riri
Promising Member
Not tested rendered output yet, but there's a base now ...
Re: French translation of Core and CtrlLib [message #938 is a reply to message #931] Thu, 09 February 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Please, this is not the ideal way how to contribute translation.

Ideally, I would like to have .tr file - with that, I can import translation regardless of other changes in .t files (TheIDE manages that).

Mirek
Re: French translation of Core and CtrlLib [message #940 is a reply to message #938] Thu, 09 February 2006 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Ok, sorry this's my second day with upp, and I don't master all the logic yet Wink

Do you prefer I do the translation for the 602 beta rather than the 'now old' 511 ?
Re: French translation of Core and CtrlLib [message #944 is a reply to message #940] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Sure, that would be better. However, it would make sense for you to import that .tr into 602 so that you do not have to translate all again.

In fact, TheIDE stores ALL strings translations into separate translation file. Means, once you import .tr with french, it will automatically use contained translations when adding a new language to the package.

BTW, you could even import that translation directly from your 511 dir (it is in all.tr file) (be careful - U++ installer will wipe that out if you install 602 into the same dir).

Mirek
Re: French translation of Core and CtrlLib [message #977 is a reply to message #944] Sat, 11 February 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, now in main tree.

However, please check with next snapshot for new unstranslated strings.

Nice way how to do that is to Find in "*.t" files for

frFR("")

Then export .tr from TheIDE and resend here...

Mirek
Re: French translation (602) [message #1538 is a reply to message #977] Wed, 08 March 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi

I updated the translation for version 602.
I filled the empty frFR(""), and exported the runtime translation file (--export-tr frfr_), but my new strings aren't in it. What was wrong ? I tried to synchronize, but nothing changed.

I saw redondant strings in RichEdit, is it wanted ? (I haven't checked the whole code)

Ho, there a typo in Web package: httpcli.cpp(266) and so in Web.t(116). Should be 'size' instead of 'side' I guess

When doing --export-tr without parameter (so all.tr is generated), the resulting file is not seen as a UTF-8 one, but an ascii one, in many editors, encoding problem ?
Re: French translation (602) [message #1556 is a reply to message #1538] Wed, 08 March 2006 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
riri wrote on Wed, 08 March 2006 07:53

Hi

I updated the translation for version 602.
I filled the empty frFR(""), and exported the runtime translation file (--export-tr frfr_), but my new strings aren't in it. What was wrong ? I tried to synchronize, but nothing changed.

I saw redondant strings in RichEdit, is it wanted ? (I haven't checked the whole code)

Ho, there a typo in Web package: httpcli.cpp(266) and so in Web.t(116). Should be 'size' instead of 'side' I guess

When doing --export-tr without parameter (so all.tr is generated), the resulting file is not seen as a UTF-8 one, but an ascii one, in many editors, encoding problem ?

Have you recompiled theide? (You should export from recompiled ide).

Actually, the simple path is to export first, then add strings to "all.tr", then import back to U++ _and_ send me the .tr file (so that I can import it as well).

Mirek
Re: French translation (602) [message #1559 is a reply to message #1556] Wed, 08 March 2006 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Quote:

Have you recompiled theide?

beeehhhh, no Smile
Quote:

(You should export from recompiled ide).

I just replace the original theide.exe or I've to use the one built in the out directory ?

Quote:

Actually, the simple path is to export first, then add strings to "all.tr", then import back to U++ _and_ send me the .tr file (so that I can import it as well).

Ok so I recompile my ide, export strings in all.tr, re-fill strings in it (arg, it's long), and re-import the all.tr in the ide. If all is Ok, I send the file back here. Right ? Wink
Re: French translation (602) [message #1561 is a reply to message #1559] Wed, 08 March 2006 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
riri wrote on Wed, 08 March 2006 16:25

I just replace the original theide.exe or I've to use the one built in the out directory ?

Invoke the one in the out directory using those commandline flags.

Quote:

Ok so I recompile my ide, export strings in all.tr, re-fill strings in it (arg, it's long), and re-import the all.tr in the ide. If all is Ok, I send the file back here. Right ? Wink

If you have fixed strings in .t files, they should appear in the export from recompiled ide.

Actually, that export does just that - exports literal constants from .t files (compiled in binary). That is why you need to recompile...

TheIDE is then able to take such .tr file and import it back to .t files. So the normal path is "export .tr" -> "fix .tr" -> "import tr.". But of course, you do not want to do everything again, so at this moment, recompile and then export...

Mirek
Re: French translation (602) [message #1591 is a reply to message #1561] Thu, 09 March 2006 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi

Here it is !
The procedure is now in my head Wink
  • Attachment: frfr_.tr
    (Size: 16.79KB, Downloaded 1396 times)
Re: French translation (602) [message #1597 is a reply to message #1591] Thu, 09 March 2006 15:07 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
riri wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 05:10

Hi

Here it is !
The procedure is now in my head Wink

Thanks, now in main tree..

Mirek
Previous Topic: String improvements
Next Topic: encoding of command line arguments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 23:07:18 CEST 2024