Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental]
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #9082 is a reply to message #9080] Mon, 16 April 2007 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

It looks fine to me! Maybe except S letter at the end sugessting multiple primary keys. But if you could add it to sql schema do it please!
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #9084 is a reply to message #9082] Tue, 17 April 2007 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 16:42

It looks fine to me! Maybe except S letter at the end sugessting multiple primary keys. But if you could add it to sql schema do it please!

'S' to avoid ambiguity with PRIMARY_KEY.

Also, this is RDBMS specific (so it would have to be added for each RDBMS).

Mirek
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #9095 is a reply to message #9037] Tue, 17 April 2007 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi zsolt,

Thanks for your reply ! Maybe I worry only because I'm just discovering UPP, and have no experience with it !

To go back to the topic :

luzr wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 20:37

PRIMARY_KEYS("KEY1, KEY2, KEY3")

does not sound that bad...

Yes, it looks like very much what I use with Firebird, and is also common with some other databases...

unodgs wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 22:42

Yes, I think also that this S is not so usefull... Why not

PRIMARY KEY ("UNIQUE_KEY")
or
PRIMARY KEY ("KEY1, KEY2, ...")
It seems logical, and I don't see any ambiguity ? But maybe I don't know enough yet about all consequences in upp...
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #9100 is a reply to message #9095] Tue, 17 April 2007 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
jibe wrote on Tue, 17 April 2007 03:08

PRIMARY KEY ("KEY1, KEY2, ...")
It seems logical, and I don't see any ambiguity ? But maybe I don't know enough yet about all consequences in upp...

There is already macro PRIMARY_KEY for single column primary keys. Well, in theory, it could be replaced by this new macro, but

a) as single-column primary keys are so much widely use, having it as special case is a good idea

b) would break all of my commercial stuff...

Mirek
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #9115 is a reply to message #9100] Wed, 18 April 2007 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Tue, 17 April 2007 11:53

a) as single-column primary keys are so much widely use, having it as special case is a good idea

Yes, maybe... But I don't see the problem if the same macro is used the same way for one or several colomn keys...
Seems a lot easier if there is no difference ?

luzr wrote on Tue, 17 April 2007 11:53

b) would break all of my commercial stuff...

Laughing Yes, this is a good reason ! Wink
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15619 is a reply to message #9037] Thu, 01 May 2008 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

I have an error! Sorry for my incompetence but I need help!

c:\myapps\postgresql\PostgreSQL.h(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libpq-fe.h': No such file or directory

Thanks a lot!
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15633 is a reply to message #15619] Thu, 01 May 2008 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
tojocky wrote on Thu, 01 May 2008 10:53

I have an error! Sorry for my incompetence but I need help!

c:\myapps\postgresql\PostgreSQL.h(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libpq-fe.h': No such file or directory

Thanks a lot!

You are missing the correct include path (and quite likely library path, that would hit later...) in build method.

You need to have PostgreSQL installed and you need to put proper paths into the build method (in Setup menu) you are using.

Mirek
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15675 is a reply to message #15633] Sun, 04 May 2008 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Thank you! its worked! I will testing in continuation!
I have a situation: I need to make a server and client application. that in code i need decide where it will execute (server or client). Only application server can communicate with DB server, but client is connected with server. Server and client appliction need becouse:
1. The client station can/may be not so performace as server station.
2. Connection from DB server and application server can be more speedily.
If I wrong tell me please how is correct! How I can create this?

Thank you!
John!

P.S. The ultimate ++ is the most impression me!
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15677 is a reply to message #15675] Sun, 04 May 2008 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
I think, if you do not have more than 2000 clients, use simple client-server architecture:
- SQL database on server
- SQL clients on clients
It is not a good idea to create an over-complicated system without any reason.
Additionally, U++ doesn't implement muli-tier techhologies currently (AFAIK).
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15712 is a reply to message #15677] Mon, 05 May 2008 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

On Application server I will execute massive operations with data! and client station can be not so performance. About count of clients will be more 100 (not 2000)!
Thank you for advice, Zsolt!
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15719 is a reply to message #9037] Mon, 05 May 2008 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Massive operations with data = simulation of A-bomb or 3D game or HD video encoding or what? Smile

Unless it is top secret, I would be interested what is so "massive" that ordinary 1GHz CPU is not enough to solve it within 0.1-0.5s.
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15720 is a reply to message #15719] Mon, 05 May 2008 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 14:59

Massive operations with data = simulation of A-bomb or 3D game or HD video encoding or what? Smile

Unless it is top secret, I would be interested what is so "massive" that ordinary 1GHz CPU is not enough to solve it within 0.1-0.5s.

Uhmps, while I think where you are heading, I have a lot of selects in my apps that cannot be optimized any further way and take more than 10s on 2Ghz machine Smile

Anyway, this of course is irrelevant here.

Mirek
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15724 is a reply to message #15719] Tue, 06 May 2008 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Massive operations it will be with data from database! The application consists in automation evidence of firm (salary, accounting, production)!
Re: PostgreSQL Support Classes [Experimental] [message #15729 is a reply to message #15724] Tue, 06 May 2008 19:45 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Yep, that is what SQL database are created for....

Mirek
Previous Topic: Catch errors with Sql.Execute
Next Topic: Newbie help with PostgreSQL example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:47:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02404 seconds