Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » A main modeless window
A main modeless window [message #16111] Wed, 28 May 2008 13:17 Go to next message
m_sylvain is currently offline  m_sylvain
I all,

Using the FxEngine Framework from smprocess to build plugins, I would like to know what's the best way to create a main modeless window with U++.

Currently, I use the microsoft API function "CreateDialog".

Thanks in advance,

S
Re: A main modeless window [message #16128 is a reply to message #16111] Wed, 28 May 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think that for the main window, there is only a little difference between modal or modeless, as long as you have only one window.

In U++, dialogs are not different from other windows. To execute them in modal mode, use "Execute".

To open them in modeless mode, use OpenMain (or Open if you want it to pick current window as parent) and Close or destructor to close it.

Anyway, if you only have one main window, use Execute.

Mirek
Re: A main modeless window [message #16137 is a reply to message #16128] Wed, 28 May 2008 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_sylvain is currently offline  m_sylvain
Hi Mirek,

Yes i have only one window which can be shown or hided at any time without to disturb the main thread.
I will try to use the OpenMain method.

Thanks again,

S
Re: A main modeless window [message #16138 is a reply to message #16137] Wed, 28 May 2008 22:50 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
m_sylvain wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 16:25

Hi Mirek,

Yes i have only one window which can be shown or hided at any time without to disturb the main thread.
I will try to use the OpenMain method.

Thanks again,

S

In that case, make sure you perform the "message loop". See UWord example.

Mirek
Previous Topic: DocEdit without end line
Next Topic: Spacing between radio buttons in Switch control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 07:49:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02039 seconds