Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Compile error in Stream.cpp with GCC (Ubuntu 8.10)
Compile error in Stream.cpp with GCC (Ubuntu 8.10) [message #18825] Sat, 25 October 2008 02:36 Go to next message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
Hi,

when I try to compile my program with a fresh copy of U++ svn and an up-to-date Ubuntu 8.10 with gcc-4.3 I get the following error in release mode:
In function ‘int open(const char*, int, ...)’,
    inlined from ‘bool Upp::FileMapping::Create(const char*, Upp::int64, bool)’ at /home/christian/Desktop/upp/uppsrc/Core/Stream.cpp:1306:
/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: error: call to ‘__open_missing_mode’ declared with attribute error: open with O_CREAT in second argument needs 3 a
	rguments

Here you can find more infos: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CompilerFlags#-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
I don't know which flags are needed so I just point you in the right direction. Smile
Re: Compile error in Stream.cpp with GCC (Ubuntu 8.10) [message #18923 is a reply to message #18825] Fri, 31 October 2008 22:15 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
There was such an error in previous svn revisions but was solved. So, make an svn update. Thanks anyway for reporting it.
The problem was related to parameters from "open" function, if flag O_CREAT is set, open function takes 3 parameters else it take 2 (well 3 but last is ignored).

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Previous Topic: [solved] Rev 540: App fails to link with MSC71 in Debug
Next Topic: Format Issues - Dynamic width and alignment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:14:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.01250 seconds