Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Strange issue while compiling with MSC
Strange issue while compiling with MSC [message #19052] Fri, 07 November 2008 19:21 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I installed MSC on a computer today and I'm getting a very strange issue with a compiled TheIDE. The new code browser area is replaced with a Button, and the bottom part is wrong also. Recompiling with MINGW removes the issue.

Here's a screen shot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=1480&private=0

And I've found another issue. Using auto detect build methods for MSC8 fails when TheIDE is run under a limited user account. If someone points me to the code that does the auto detecting I can check out what operation can't be executed because of lack of privileges.
  • Attachment: untitled.PNG
    (Size: 45.40KB, Downloaded 414 times)
Re: Strange issue while compiling with MSC [message #19069 is a reply to message #19052] Sat, 08 November 2008 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 07 November 2008 13:21

I installed MSC on a computer today and I'm getting a very strange issue with a compiled TheIDE. The new code browser area is replaced with a Button, and the bottom part is wrong also. Recompiling with MINGW removes the issue.

Here's a screen shot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=1480&private=0

I have checked with MSC9, it looks OK.

Maybe you can try to rebuild all (if you have not yet) or delete .cfg.

Quote:

And I've found another issue. Using auto detect build methods for MSC8 fails when TheIDE is run under a limited user account. If someone points me to the code that does the auto detecting I can check out what operation can't be executed because of lack of privileges.

ide/AutoSetup.cpp

Mirek
Re: Strange issue while compiling with MSC [message #19070 is a reply to message #19069] Sat, 08 November 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

I use MSC8. all its ok!
What version of svn build do you use? standard build from http://ultimatepp.org/svnbuilds/?
Re: Strange issue while compiling with MSC [message #19147 is a reply to message #19070] Sat, 15 November 2008 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Now I'm having a new problem: when debugging under MSC8 setting I get an error message that gdb could not be launched, and after I press OK TheIde crashes.

Anybody else ever got this?
Re: Strange issue while compiling with MSC [message #19160 is a reply to message #19147] Sat, 15 November 2008 20:49 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
I reinstalled 2008.1, checked out sources from SVN and recompiled everything while running all tools as administrator and all issues are gone. Unfortunately, now I'm stuck with running TheIDE as administrator if I want it to work and have to enter a painfully long password each time, but at least I can continue to work and debug stuff. I'll have to verify somehow if the issues were caused by the limited account or some other circumstances.
Previous Topic: TheIDE slows down on Help switching
Next Topic: IDE rename bug with collapsed separators
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:01:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.68556 seconds