Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Win 98
Win 98 [message #19024] Thu, 06 November 2008 11:27 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi all friends,

Perhaps a silly question but I noticed that functions were implemented in UPP to get OS information (Win 2000, Win NT, XP and Vista). I did not see anything for Win 98, does it mean that apps developped with UPP cannot run under this Windows version.

I made some tries and app based on GridCtrl seems to work while another application using Pdf encoding and filestreams gives an error in Kernel.

I know that Win 98 is normally died and no support is quaranteed by MS but I know some people interesting in having some apps developped in C++ running on their old computers.

Thanks in advance for reply

Kind regards
Biobytes
Re: Win 98 [message #19026 is a reply to message #19024] Thu, 06 November 2008 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Thu, 06 November 2008 05:27

Hi all friends,

Perhaps a silly question but I noticed that functions were implemented in UPP to get OS information (Win 2000, Win NT, XP and Vista). I did not see anything for Win 98, does it mean that apps developped with UPP cannot run under this Windows version.

They still can, even if that causes much more troubles than benefits over time. If none of those Win2/k - Vista is defined, it means you are running on Win98 Smile

Quote:

I made some tries and app based on GridCtrl seems to work while another application using Pdf encoding and filestreams gives an error in Kernel.

Well, that is perhaps something to check... It should work.

Mirek
Re: Win 98 [message #19097 is a reply to message #19024] Wed, 12 November 2008 13:53 Go to previous message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
thanks a lot for your reply. I pursue some experiment on installing apps under Win98.
regards
biobytes
Previous Topic: [solved!] XML serialization and relative paths
Next Topic: Vector::SetCount()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:41:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02964 seconds