Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Wizard(s) for various class generation...[FEATURE REQUEST][WORKAROUND]
Wizard(s) for various class generation...[FEATURE REQUEST][WORKAROUND] [message #1969] Wed, 29 March 2006 02:31 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Wizard(s) for various class generation...

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 17:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1976 is a reply to message #1969] Wed, 29 March 2006 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Tue, 28 March 2006 19:31

I am looking forward the moment when I will have time again to play with that... (BTW, have you checked Layout code generator? that in fact solves the most frequent problem...)

Mirek
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1977 is a reply to message #1976] Wed, 29 March 2006 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 10:02

fudadmin wrote on Tue, 28 March 2006 19:31

I am looking forward the moment when I will have time again to play with that... (BTW, have you checked Layout code generator? that in fact solves the most frequent problem...)

Mirek

I was going to ask how to use it... Smile?
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1978 is a reply to message #1977] Wed, 29 March 2006 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Where is the problem?

Mirek
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1981 is a reply to message #1978] Wed, 29 March 2006 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 10:29

Where is the problem?

Mirek

Actually, I had in mind 2 things: "how to use it fast" and "how to customize generation".
Then following problems.

1.theide doesn't have "New file" menu option. That means if I started my app without *.lay file (not all apps are GUI!) , I have to create it from outside or copy from somewhere. Stupid waste of time. I really started hating that ultimate "underfeature" of Ultimate++.

2.then the generated MyClass looks like this:
class MyClass : public WithSetupLayout<TopWindow> {
public:

typedef MyClass CLASSNAME;

MyClass();
};

MyClass::MyClass()
{
	CtrlLayout(*this, "");
}

3. So, in fact it's faster not to use it.
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1982 is a reply to message #1981] Wed, 29 March 2006 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb

"1.theide doesn't have "New file" menu option. That means if I started my app without *.lay file (not all apps are GUI!) , I have to create it from outside or copy from somewhere. Stupid waste of time. I really started hating that ultimate "underfeature" of Ultimate++."

Of course you can add a new file from inside theIde: right click somewhere in the the file list panel (under the packages list) and select "Insert package directory file(s)". You can either select an existing file or when typing a new name have the file created.

TheIde definitely use an other way of all other ide and it also took me some time to figure this out.

Hope it helps,
Victor
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1983 is a reply to message #1981] Wed, 29 March 2006 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
1. Just insert file with .lay extension into your package.. 5 second work... Hardly underdevelopment. I cannot imagine easier way to do that - the only thing you have to enter is the name of file.

2. & 3. I do not get how based on 2. you came to conslusion 3. Wink Perhaps you could be more specific there Wink

Mirek
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1985 is a reply to message #1982] Wed, 29 March 2006 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
victorb wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 05:17

Of course you can add a new file from inside theIde: right click somewhere in the the file list panel (under the packages list) and select "Insert package directory file(s)". You can either select an existing file or when typing a new name have the file created.

TheIde definitely use an other way of all other ide and it also took me some time to figure this out.

I am sorry about this confusion, however the real reason is that there are 5 different similiar "Insert file" operations. If any of them would be paired with equivalent "New file", we would have 10 different "Insert file" operations, quite a lot.

And the only difference between "New" and "Open" is that in "New" fileselector, you would not be allowed to select existing file, whereas in "Open" to enter non-existing. Seemed quite logical to merge both to me...

In any case, I have added the FAQ entry about this trouble.

Mirek

P.S.: Did you really expect us to create files by copying them to the package folder? Smile
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1986 is a reply to message #1981] Wed, 29 March 2006 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 11:12

1.theide doesn't have "New file" menu option. That means if I started my app without *.lay file (not all apps are GUI!) , I have to create it from outside or copy from somewhere. Stupid waste of time. I really started hating that ultimate "underfeature" of Ultimate++.

Oh, my goodness! Embarassed Can you imagine gravity of habits?! In fact, I was very happy when I discovered that I can create new files from "insert new files" but I forgotten! That is unbelievable!
I even wanted to ask how can assign a key combination for it because I couldn't find that item in "Setup"->"keys".
Anyway, thanks for reminding. Smile
If you could make Ctrl-Shift-I...
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1987 is a reply to message #1983] Wed, 29 March 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 11:20

1. Just insert file with .lay extension into your package.. 5 second work... Hardly underdevelopment. I cannot imagine easier way to do that - the only thing you have to enter is the name of file.

2. & 3. I do not get how based on 2. you came to conslusion 3. Wink Perhaps you could be more specific there Wink

Mirek

More specific:
1. I don't want to enter layout names.
2. I want an option to enter the name for base class
3. I don't need CtrlLayout(*this, "");
4. I want to have it saved as a class template (like *.upt).
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1990 is a reply to message #1987] Wed, 29 March 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
1. Layout name? I guess rather the name of final class? (BTW, it is more or less a bug, anyway: click on that main switch in generator, click back and the name is filled for you Wink

2. Well, base class name appears just on single place, it is as easy to edit it in code.

3. There will not be too much left there then? Wink

4. .upt? Ok, I guess you would rather liked to have some class generator based on templates. Even that is planned...

Mirek
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1993 is a reply to message #1990] Wed, 29 March 2006 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 12:39

1. Layout name? I guess rather the name of final class? (BTW, it is more or less a bug, anyway: click on that main switch in generator, click back and the name is filled for you Wink

Mirek

but with extension Dlg. That gives MyClassDlg. Or am I doing something different?
Re: Wizard(s) for various class generation... [message #1994 is a reply to message #1993] Wed, 29 March 2006 13:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 12:51

luzr wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 12:39

Mirek

but with extension Dlg. That gives MyClassDlg. Or am I doing something different?

OK! Found it. If I name the layout MyClassLayout! Smile
Previous Topic: Assertion in Debug.cpp:246 "nesting_depth == 0" [BUGS?]
Next Topic: Color selector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:05:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04129 seconds